Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nickie Pruden
Australia
Varsity Lakes
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought the Big Box and am very happy with the game, number of components, quality etc.

There is however one thing I think is quite poor and that is the misalignment of the printing/punching of the tiles. On many tiles you can barely see the wall whereas on others it is very thick. Luckily there are cards that show where all the walls are on each tile and I used a permanent marker to make it easier for us all to see (I hated doing this to my game components but the benefits out weighed my phobias).

I noticed a similar issue with Kingdom Builder where the printing/punching of tiles was also misaligned.

Obviously this is some sort of quality issue as I have the Carcassonne Big Box and all the tiles are perfect.

As I said I have no issue with the quality of components, Queen games make good games and use quality materials, but I do think there is room for improvement on the misalignment of tiles printing/punching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, that is annoying. I would say however that is probably a run issue, as we have the Big Box and everything is just fine.

It might be a good idea to drop customer services a line and let them know there is a problem at least, although you would expect quality control to pick this up really.

Hopefully this will not detract from your playing experience - Alhambra is a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cormier
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, my copy of Big Box is perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zuzusdad wrote:
Yeah, my copy of Big Box is perfect.

Perfect is going a bit too far - for that to be true I would have to win all the time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, must be a bad print run, my big box is A1.
Noticed Queen are about to release kingdom builder big box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:

Hmmm, I like the Big Boxes, just wish they put them into a smaller box. I felt silly when I saw someone else's Alhambra with all expansions crowded into the small box. It was a bit cramped, but really the Big Box could get away with being half the size, like a regular square Kingdom Builder size box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lobotnik wrote:
biffta wrote:

Hmmm, I like the Big Boxes, just wish they put them into a smaller box. I felt silly when I saw someone else's Alhambra with all expansions crowded into the small box. It was a bit cramped, but really the Big Box could get away with being half the size, like a regular square Kingdom Builder size box.

Good point Nathan, my shelf space is at a premium, I started fitting expansions into boxes a while back to save space. Might have a go fitting big box alhambra into the anniversary edition box we have.
Kingdom builder big box looks great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Greaves
United States
SALEM
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My big box tiles were also poorly punched/printed. The tiles are barely playable and look pretty bad. I emailed Queen games this morning and hopefully they can get a replacement set out to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nickie Pruden
Australia
Varsity Lakes
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck, let me know how you go. I had an issue with missing cards in Fresco, it took a couple of emails over some months but eventually I got them. I took the view that because there were so many tiles poorly punched that they wouldn't send replacements so I used a black permanent ink pen and "fixed" them. It's certainly not ideal and I hated to do it but we really enjoy the game and it made it a lot easier to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rarnom wrote:
My big box tiles were also poorly punched/printed. The tiles are barely playable and look pretty bad. I emailed Queen games this morning and hopefully they can get a replacement set out to me.

Any luck? I just got the Big Box from Amazon today and was extremely disappointed with the quality. I took pictures.

I have emailed queen but I'm thinking if I don't get a response by the end of the week I'm returning it and spending my money on a better quality game.

Walls are almost cut off for the building in the top middle
The walls are mostly cut off on the top right building
Punched right through the numbers
This entire page was misaligned, but these tokens are ridiculously off

Almost missed one of those walls
Misaligned again
These could have been worse, and if these were the only errors I would have ignored it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, this is pretty shoddy. I would definitely send it back, and cannot believe how this does not count as a faulty product. The really should have picked this up on quality checks.

Maybe if they were dumped at a lower price I would get it, but not considering the great quality of other print runs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nickie Pruden
Australia
Varsity Lakes
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also got mine from Amazon so I would say we had the same batch as your photos look exactly how my tiles look.
I didn't look before I popped them out, will learn for next time.

Anyway there was no way I was bothering to return to Amazon from Australia so I used a permanent black marker to at least make the game more playable.

It's such a pity because we really like the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NiickEE wrote:
I also got mine from Amazon so I would say we had the same batch as your photos look exactly how my tiles look.

Very probable, yes. Seems like the seller right now is Funagain (fullfilled by Amazon) and I'm sure they bought their stock from the same run.

I got a response from Queen Games that they will be sending me replacement tiles, which is really cool of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nickie Pruden
Australia
Varsity Lakes
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear, I'm glad they are doing that for you.
Would be grateful if you could you let me know the email address of customer help so I can try and get a replacement as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NiickEE wrote:
Good to hear, I'm glad they are doing that for you.
Would be grateful if you could you let me know the email address of customer help so I can try and get a replacement as well.

Sure thing. I got it off their website and when I asked if I had used the correct email address they said I had: info@queen-games.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Greaves
United States
SALEM
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard back yet, but I am going to try again to email them directly instead of using the website email request form. Maybe that will get me a response.

Thanks for posting your success story! I hope I can also get a fixed set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got mine yesterday, and the printing was very offset as well. Some tiles have a white border and some building are missing their walls completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
And The American Way..... Even Though I'm Canadian....
badge
SUPERMAN!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I also just got my big box and have all the same issues.
I was also missing all the treasure chests.
I have emailed Queen Games.
Anybody that had this same problem know how long they waited for Queen Games to respond?
And how long until replacements were received?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Greaves
United States
SALEM
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have written 3 emails, and after the third one I got an email from Nikki Pontius ( nikki@queen-games.de ) saying they were out of replacement tiles, but that they'd have more in March. That email was on Friday.

This morning I got another email from the 'contact info' email (Info@queen-games.de) from a Julia Allermann that said they would send me tiles immediately.

So, to further explain, I sent my first email using the submission form on queen games's website. The second email I just sent right to the 'info' email direct from my email, and the third time I sent an email to the vp and the person in charge of products. All their emails are on the website.

Then a couple days later I got the first email.

So, after much squeaking I hope I will finally get the grease.

I'll post here when my tiles arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adamhess89 wrote:
I also just got my big box and have all the same issues.
I was also missing all the treasure chests.
I have emailed Queen Games.
Anybody that had this same problem know how long they waited for Queen Games to respond?
And how long until replacements were received?

I had a similar experience as rarnom below except that I skipped the first step and didn't use their form. I tried the info email and after not getting a reply after several days I emailed the product manager and vp and got a reply fairly quickly after that asking for my mailing address. That was about 10 days ago and I'm not sure when I would be getting replacement times, but just as rarnom, I will post here when I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
And The American Way..... Even Though I'm Canadian....
badge
SUPERMAN!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the exact same emails as rarnom did.
Hopefully these will show up soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Luckus
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have this problem. I didn't think to look before punching the tiles. I also have a half reserve tile, however, that is what is printed in the rule book. Given the placement of the 'R' it looks like this was a print change. Not one I am happy about. My kingdom builder also had off center cuts but not bad enough to get upset over. This unfortunately will make me think twice about Queen Games or at least scrutinize the components more closely when opening the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got the replacement tiles today. Queen sent replacements for every cardboard component, which was nice.

The new components aren't perfect although the majority are much, much better. Below are the worst of the replacements. On the left are the original components and on the right the replacements.

old:
new:

Some walls almost didn't make it for the brown hut but this time it's not bad.

old:
new:

The coins are all off-center, but no no white is showing and it's not a huge deal.

old:
new:

Almost cut off the numbers again but this time they are readable.

All of these errors were on the same sheet and none of them were deal-breakers. I certainly no longer feel like I've been ripped-off, but this game won't win any awards with me for component quality.

Looking forward to playing it!

Edit: As a point of note - not an actual problem - the tiles they sent are in German. Kinda fun, TBH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a similar problem and just sent an email to them now.
Let's see what happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also have a problem with my tiles. Sent 2 emails, no response yet. Just sent a third.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.