34 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

Alhambra: Big Box» Forums » General

Subject: Poor quality on printing/punching of tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Am Cookn
msg tools
I was wondering how many people emailed/contacted QAG and actually got replacement pieces. I got my big box for Xmas last year (2012) and emailed back and forth in the spring, waited a few months, and never received anything. I've since sent another email (earlier this winter) asking for an update with no response. I'm really disappointed as this used to be my favorite game and it remains unplayable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a full replacement. They answered really quickly, then I think they forgot about it. About a month later I emailed them again and in a few days I received a replacement!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also got a replacement, but it did take some emailing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems strange to send a completely new Big Box. Wouldn't the misprint still be a possibillity?

Seems more cost-efficient to just send the corrected tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
It seems strange to send a completely new Big Box. Wouldn't the misprint still be a possibillity?

Seems more cost-efficient to just send the corrected tiles?

Sorry, I wasn't accurate. They sent a replacement for all of the tiles (not just the misprinted ones) but they didn't send a complete replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh. Well, I asked for replacement tiles as well and I was told (after several messages and months) I was sent a new Big Box.

Hasn't arrived yet, and although it is ofcourse very generous of them to do, I fear it will have the same problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Am Cookn
msg tools
Thanks for responding. I'm still crossing my fingers, but haven't heard anything for a while... You guys give me hope!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you might get lucky.

I still have not received any replacement parts or game. It's starting to get Very frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Am Cookn
msg tools
Good news! I emailed one more time and finally received an answer. They sent me replacements for all the miss-punched tiles, some in German, some in English, but with all of the walls clearly represented (except one of the camp tiles, but I think that will be ok). I received the tiles quite quickly after the rep told me she sent them (1 week).

If you are still waiting on tiles, I suggest you send more emails until you get a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.