Popular Tags: [View All]
richard dyrda
United States
Hawthorn Woods
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a hovering aircraft make a stand off attack on an enemy in an adjacent hex that is in LOS? If so, what technically is the attack angle for a hover?

Loving this game! What a gem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dyrda wrote:
Can a hovering aircraft make a stand off attack on an enemy in an adjacent hex that is in LOS? If so, what technically is the attack angle for a hover?

Loving this game! What a gem!

Hi Richard,

From page 15, right hand column:

Hovering Aircraft Attack Angle

A Hovering Aircraft can Attack into its own Hex or into any other one Hex in any direction

So basically, you have a 360° attack angle, line of sight providing and weapon range.

Hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Meier
United States
Durango
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you have linked assets, I don't think the firing platform needs to have direct LOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard dyrda
United States
Hawthorn Woods
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
catgh wrote:
And if you have linked assets, I don't think the firing platform needs to have direct LOS.

Thanks fellas. Wow can those MQ1s come in handy. AH64D Choppers linked, coupled with +bonus stand off pilot numbers, coupled with LAU rockets = almost unlimited destruction! Annihilated his SAMs in turn one thanks to all being fast with the MQ1. From there it was a matter of cleanup and scud hunting! One attack against me only, scout roll reduced stress by 1, good start to the Iranian Rapid Deployment campaign.

It's amazing how clear it is to find it now. I spent 30mins combing it and looking, looking at the FAQ, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
catgh wrote:

Yup. Comes in handy when you want to use your best weapons without risking your best aircraft/pilot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, here's a stupid question - are hovering stand-off attacks still limited to 1 hex away, if the weapon has a range greater than 1?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WizardHowl wrote:
Sorry, here's a stupid question - are hovering stand-off attacks still limited to 1 hex away, if the weapon has a range greater than 1?

No.... Why would the range decrease?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, told you it was a stupid question
It's just the way it was worded: "...or into any other one Hex in any direction."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
I miss my boy :(
mbmbmbmbmb
WizardHowl wrote:
Thanks, told you it was a stupid question
It's just the way it was worded: "...or into any other one Hex in any direction."

There is no such thing as a stupid question. Never be afraid to ask anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers and the GG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.