Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Flight
United States
Boulder
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing with curses do you use the basic tiles too? Or just the curses tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You replace the basic tiles with the curse tiles.

Edit: there are 13 basic chamber tiles, and you replace them with the 13 curse and treasure chamber tiles instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like you could just shuffle them all together and draw 13 to play with if you wanted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
Seems like you could just shuffle them all together and draw 13 to play with if you wanted.

You would want a complete set of 13 otherwise you may not have enough gem spots (I think).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Flight
United States
Boulder
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I realized what we did wrong. I used the curse tiles with the exit and start tiles only, which made the game very, very hard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The issue isn't the thirteen room tiles, it's the four gem depot tiles (which makes a total of seventeen, plus the start and exit tiles).

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawkins
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:
The issue isn't the thirteen room tiles, it's the four gem depot tiles (which makes a total of seventeen, plus the start and exit tiles).

QFT. Queen Games could have done a better job of showing which tiles are used in every game. The start and exit are obviously needed, but no one should forget to keep the triple-gem-altar rooms.

On a tangent, a while ago I saw a group playing the game. I was playing a different game at the next table, but I kept looking to see how they were doing. I noticed that they had a lot of tiles on the table. Sure enough, they were using every tile included in the box! The game seemed much easier to them after I let them know their mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.