Subject: Crystals vs Tokens for Mana rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Woody
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
So, you get mana crystals which go into your inventory, and you get mana tokens that go away at the end of your turn. In general, the two can be used interchangeably for every situation. However, can you use a token to satisfy the 'crystal' requirement of a ruin that asks for 3 crystals. On a new game start up, I am in a position where I have 1 actual crystal and could power Mana Draw to get two other tokens to use for the ruin. Legal?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhwedmd wrote:
However, can you use a token to satisfy the 'crystal' requirement of a ruin that asks for 3 crystals.

There aren't any ruins that require crystals. The actual rules for the ruins are here: Site Description Cards - Sheet 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Perkinson
United States
Somerville
MA
flag msg tools
"Competition is a by-product of productive work, not its goal. A creative [person] is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others." - Ayn Rand
badge
"The goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." - Reiner Knizia
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's completely legal. From page 16 of the Game Walkthrough: "You encounter an ancient altar of some forgotten god. In this case, the token depicts three mana of a particular color. You may activate the altar by paying three mana of that color." The mana can be paid with any combination of mana tokens, mana crystals, and (unless other rules apply) up to one mana from the source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Woody
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I hate it when its something I just misread. Damn this game would have been a lot easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.