Quarriors!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Corrupted Primordial Ooze - 0 Defence. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rudiger Jones
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Corrupted Primordial Ooze's defence relying on the number of Corrupted Quitdity in the wilds, it's possible to get 0 defence.

my question is. can you summon a creature with 0 defence, and if so how does it work when attacked.

the particular situation we had was as follows. I summoned a Corrupted Primordial Ooze (and one other creature) with no Corrupted Quidity in the wilds, it was later attacked for, lets say, 6 I then defended with a creature with 6 defence. The attacking player then argued that the ooze should be dead also seeing as it has no defence. I disagreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules clearly say that the defending player chooses a creature to defend with.
If you have your Ooze readied with defence = 0 but another creature as well with defence = 4, e.g. and you are being attacked with 4 or less, you may choose to defend with the creature NOT being the Ooze. As the attacker won't have enough attack power left, the Ooze would survive. (Killing the other creature, of course).
This would of course not be the case, if your other creature would be attacked wit a higher attack power then that creature's defence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Charfield
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
You would (almost) never choose to put a defence=0 creature up as a defender as it absorbs no damage. However, if you have put all your other creatures up to defend and the attacker still has points left, then you must put the defence=0 creature up. If the other creatures have absorbed all the attacking damage, then you do not need to put the defence=0 creature up, so it won't get killed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Coffin
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland and Labrador
flag msg tools
I like trains.
badge
Nikola Tesla, Rockstar Scientist
mbmbmbmbmb
GoodOlRudiger wrote:
The attacking player then argued that the ooze should be dead also seeing as it has no defence. I disagreed.

Your opponent is probably making the assumption that defenders with zero defense behave the same way as zero-toughness creatures in Magic: The Gathering (a creature with damage greater than or equal to its toughness is put into its owner's graveyard).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Knop
Brazil
Juiz de Fora
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No disassemble! Vídeos de Partidas Completas Passo a Passo
mbmbmbmbmb
craigcoffin wrote:
GoodOlRudiger wrote:
The attacking player then argued that the ooze should be dead also seeing as it has no defence. I disagreed.

Your opponent is probably making the assumption that defenders with zero defense behave the same way as zero-toughness creatures in Magic: The Gathering (a creature with damage greater than or equal to its toughness is put into its owner's graveyard).

To me all creatures with defense 0 must be destroyed. But after this post I saw that only Primordial Ooze have the rules to destroy it when ?=0...
Now I'm really perplexed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
igorknop wrote:
craigcoffin wrote:
GoodOlRudiger wrote:

To me all creatures with defense 0 must be destroyed. But after this post I saw that only Primordial Ooze have the rules to destroy it when ?=0...
Now I'm really perplexed...

No.
The defending player chooses a readied creature defend with. If this creature absorbs all the attack points from the attacking player, there are no points left to destroy the defence = 0 creature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.