Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Corporate Sector Authority rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
So far (unless i have missed it) there has been little mention of these guys. They were the main villains (Damn Espos) in the background of the old Han Solo books from the 70s and 80s and the literary origin of the Z-95 and Imperial Custom Frigate (as well as the IRD, But that doesnt appear anywhere else from what i remember). Logically enough they would be a good 'other' faction in a game if there are any people playing in the 'between' period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregorio Morales
Spain
Alicante
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xizor's Black Sun (from Shadows of the Empire) seems a logical approach too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Holden
United States
Wheat Ridge
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the Corporate Sector Authority was restricted to a single sector and is a pretty small part of the canon, and one would really want more breadth than is available there when one is looking for a third faction. I still say the Hutts, Black Sun, Zann Consortium, or another crime syndicate are the best option if they were to try to make a third faction (precedent supports this pretty well too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Martin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I LOVED those books as a kid and found that they held up well when I read them again in my 20's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
They should really make a Hawkbat squadron.

Quote:
Yub Yub, Commander!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Case
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the Star Wars Minis game had a couple of factions that might be useful here.

Rebels (duh)
Imperials (double duh)
Republic
Old Republic
New Republic
Sith
Separatists
Mandalorians
Fringe
Yuuzhan Vong

While that's obviously too many factions for this game (and some of them don't have good ships to work with), we could probably get away with some of them.

* Rebels and Empire (of course)
* The Fringe (where all the Bounty Hunter and smuggler and independent ships like the Z-95 wind up)
* Separatists
* Republic

On the other hand, we could just break it down into two factions: Good and Evil, like the WotC Starship Battles did. There, problem solved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turtle Freak
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as I'm sure it won't happen, I'd love to see the Yuuzhan Vong. They would add some much needed variety to the game more than anything else could. Most other factions would be too similar to the rebels or imps and would most likely fit more comfortably in one of those factions anyway; not to mention, the precedent has already been set with the Falcon and Slave I.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Holden
United States
Wheat Ridge
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turtle Freak wrote:
As much as I'm sure it won't happen, I'd love to see the Yuuzhan Vong. They would add some much needed variety to the game more than anything else could. Most other factions would be too similar to the rebels or imps and would most likely fit more comfortably in one of those factions anyway; not to mention, the precedent has already been set with the Falcon and Slave I.

It'll be unfortunate when Episodes 7-9 take place at least partially in the Yuuzhan Vong time period, and thereby push them out of the canon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.