Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Chamber Tiles/Cards Rules Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart
Australia
Wongawallan
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys. Just some questions about the Chamber tiles/cards, as I just played my first Mysterious Chamber adventure.

- Do you include the Dire Chamber start tile in the chamber tile deck? Or is it added only if the adventure says so?

- With so few chamber tiles, it seems pretty likely that you're going to pull the large chamber tile every time. Is that how it's supposed to work? Or is this, again, a special tile that should be put aside unless the adventure says to include it?

- After you place the chamber tiles and draw a chamber card, it usually says that each player (starting with the Active Hero) draws a monster card and places it on one of the unoccupied tiles. Now, say you're only playing with two heroes. Does this mean you keep going until all the chamber tiles have a monster on them (meaning some players will draw more than one monster card)? Or, does that mean there will only be a total of two monster cards drawn, and some chamber tiles will be left with no monster on it?

- Is each chamber monster placed under the control of the hero who discovered/revealed the chamber (meaning that they all activate on that hero's turn)? Or does each player control the monster that they drew?

Thanks for your help guys! First chamber adventure and it turned out to be Ashardalon and we died, but it was a lot of fun and we got his hit points down half way. Huzzah!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kurzon wrote:

- Do you include the Dire Chamber start tile in the chamber tile deck? Or is it added only if the adventure says so?

It is included only when the adventure says so. The list of items (tiles and cards) to exclude from regular games is easy to miss, but it is in the couple of first pages in the rule book, where there is a list of items included in the box.
Kurzon wrote:

- With so few chamber tiles, it seems pretty likely that you're going to pull the large chamber tile every time. Is that how it's supposed to work? Or is this, again, a special tile that should be put aside unless the adventure says to include it?

Yes, you almost always draw the large chamber. But it allows for different shaped chambers as when you draw it varies. So keep it in with the other chamber cards.
Kurzon wrote:

- After you place the chamber tiles and draw a chamber card, it usually says that each player (starting with the Active Hero) draws a monster card and places it on one of the unoccupied tiles. Now, say you're only playing with two heroes. Does this mean you keep going until all the chamber tiles have a monster on them (meaning some players will draw more than one monster card)? Or, does that mean there will only be a total of two monster cards drawn, and some chamber tiles will be left with no monster on it?

You do not have to populate all tiles with monsters. Usually you just draw as many monsters as there are heroes.
Kurzon wrote:

- Is each chamber monster placed under the control of the hero who discovered/revealed the chamber (meaning that they all activate on that hero's turn)? Or does each player control the monster that they drew?

The person who places the monster also controls the monster, as per the usual rules.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game! Ashardalon was the first game in this series that I bought, but after some playing for a bit I was desperate for more content and I bought the rest of the games as well.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lewis
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kurzon wrote:
Hi guys. Just some questions about the Chamber tiles/cards, as I just played my first Mysterious Chamber adventure.

- Do you include the Dire Chamber start tile in the chamber tile deck? Or is it added only if the adventure says so?

only if the adventure says to

Kurzon wrote:
- With so few chamber tiles, it seems pretty likely that you're going to pull the large chamber tile every time. Is that how it's supposed to work? Or is this, again, a special tile that should be put aside unless the adventure says to include it?

- After you place the chamber tiles and draw a chamber card, it usually says that each player (starting with the Active Hero) draws a monster card and places it on one of the unoccupied tiles. Now, say you're only playing with two heroes. Does this mean you keep going until all the chamber tiles have a monster on them (meaning some players will draw more than one monster card)? Or, does that mean there will only be a total of two monster cards drawn, and some chamber tiles will be left with no monster on it?

keep going until each tile has a monster on it

Kurzon wrote:
- Is each chamber monster placed under the control of the hero who discovered/revealed the chamber (meaning that they all activate on that hero's turn)? Or does each player control the monster that they drew?

each player would control the monster they drew. I'm guessing this is to spread the monsters out, otehr wise one player would suddenly have 8 extra monsters

Kurzon wrote:
Thanks for your help guys! First chamber adventure and it turned out to be Ashardalon and we died, but it was a lot of fun and we got his hit points down half way. Huzzah!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The first two responses differ on populating the chamber.
The card says starting with the active hero, each player draws and places a monster.... The monsters should equal the heroes in number plus any boss monster (if any).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonte Rydberg
msg tools
mb
Can anyone explain why the two chambers are identical? I mean the same number of tiles, the walls on exact the same places etc...
Why not take the opportunity and make them a bit diffrent? Maybe add a door in one chamber, add diffrent types of walls etc...?

As it is now it feels like they could have kept it as only one chamber, or am I missing something?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonte1977 wrote:
Can anyone explain why the two chambers are identical? I mean the same number of tiles, the walls on exact the same places etc...
Why not take the opportunity and make them a bit diffrent? Maybe add a door in one chamber, add diffrent types of walls etc...?

As it is now it feels like they could have kept it as only one chamber, or am I missing something?


If we can get more, why not?
I like to add some mini side quests. Sometimes rescue x or get x to y or escort x to entrance. This quests gives treasure tokens or even xp. The last game, our group did two chambers before the final encounterdevil
PS: We lost
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonte1977 wrote:
Can anyone explain why the two chambers are identical? I mean the same number of tiles, the walls on exact the same places etc...
Why not take the opportunity and make them a bit diffrent? Maybe add a door in one chamber, add diffrent types of walls etc...?

As it is now it feels like they could have kept it as only one chamber, or am I missing something?


I never looked close enough to notice this. Are they really the same except for color?!
Why indeed....

Edit- I had to go look. They are the same except for the scortch mark placements.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonte1977 wrote:
Can anyone explain why the two chambers are identical? I mean the same number of tiles, the walls on exact the same places etc...
Why not take the opportunity and make them a bit diffrent? Maybe add a door in one chamber, add diffrent types of walls etc...?

As it is now it feels like they could have kept it as only one chamber, or am I missing something?


It lets me make up my own adventures where both chambers are used.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.