Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will obviously be an explore action

Take Tom Hat scenario as an example... he starts with a ship and 2 meeples on the ocean hex.

Am I right in assuming that all 3 of those units would move to the explored hex?

The standard game rules would have you move the ship and leave the 2 meeples behind... but in the ocean... swimming?

hmmmm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Ramsey
United Kingdom
Stevenage
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep - I've seen it somewhere that essentially your first action, the explore, allows you to place the ship and the 2 workers on the newly revealed hex.

Kind of like the first turn 0 of the normal game, but different!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sanders
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Opeless wrote:
Yep - I've seen it somewhere that essentially your first action, the explore, allows you to place the ship and the 2 workers on the newly revealed hex.

Kind of like the first turn 0 of the normal game, but different!

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge B
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Opeless wrote:

Kind of Just like the first turn 0 of the normal game, but different!

Fixed that for you!
Seriously though, thanks for the reply, rules could have been a lot more clear about that, they only make sense if you don't start in the sea hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tiborvadovan wrote:
Opeless wrote:

Fixed that for you!
Seriously though, thanks for the reply, rules could have been a lot more clear about that, they only make sense if you don't start in the sea hex.

Not exactly as turn 0 as you don't have the first exploration for free choosing one on six regions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Connolly
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lochi wrote:
tiborvadovan wrote:
Opeless wrote:

Fixed that for you!

Not exactly as turn 0 as you don't have the first exploration for free choosing one on six regions.

First off, we agree that the rules don't really cover this situation. So we're kind of making up the rule for this. Since it's not exactly like turn 0, where you get to choose from 6 regions and can probably select a decent tile to put your workers, you could get stuck landing your workers on a not-so-great tile while knowing that the next tile is better.

If your first explored tile doesn't have resources you want, and you see that the next one will, you might want to hold off disembarking EITHER or BOTH workers into the first tile. Then explore the next tile, disembark the workers, and then as the third action harvest the resources you want. If you disembarked you'd have to explore that next tile with workers and leave the ship behind if you want to harvest. Or worse, if that next tile (where you want your workers) couldn't be explored by the workers.

OK, that doesn't seem to be allowed within the rules (and Christophe says the words mean what they say, but the rules don't give you any way to disembark those workers from your ship after turn 0, which doesn't exist in solo games, and we're making up the rules for that) but it certainly seems within the theme of the game. Think about it. You've sailed across the ocean, so of course you're anxious to get on land. But if that first bit of land is not that great and you see a much better spot just ahead, are you going to stay on that first bit or wait for a better landing spot? I know what I woud do.

To my mind, in a game with a strong theme element, and the theme is why I bought this game, the rules should support the theme. So if the rules need to be 'interpreted' a little to fit the theme and this won't break the game, then it makes sense to 'interpret' the rules. But then I'm a 'tweaker', but not in the meth-user sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.