Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
What's your earliest dragon kill?

I got one on day 1, level 1. Volkare coop mission. 3rd round.

Used wolfhawk -1 ability to reduce a swamp dragon attack to 4.

Took 4 wounds (2 in hand, 2 in discard).

Mana draw to power two Rage cards. (+1 sideway)

Next round, heal 2. Then, next night got rid of the other two wounds.

Leveled to 3 in one combat because I killed a 2xp orc earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vernan Stanton
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Trapped In A World I Never Made...
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn...I cheer like crazy if I can conquer a keep.blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got one on day one as well once. Though I don't remember the details. I raided a village for two turns until I could handle it. Took some wounds but since it was my first kill I immediately jumped two levels so it was worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aurax golden chubby dragon
msg tools
@Nerdycat: You should be able to conquer a keep no probs in day 1. You will probably take wounds (don't be afraid, it is not that bad as it seems) but any enemy in a keep except the golem (because of physical resistance) is very easy to kill early on. I suggest you to move in front of keep, reveal the enemy, plan accordingly and then attack it. Take a couple of wounds in your hand and counterattack. It is almost always worth it. Take into account your hand limit will be 1 higher next turn, so in a way one of the wounds is “cancelled"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aurax golden chubby dragon
msg tools
johncraven wrote:

Where do you find a dragon at level 1? Is this something that changed with the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
aurax wrote:
Where do you find a dragon at level 1? Is this something that changed with the expansion?

Draconum can appear in Ruins even in the base game. I managed to take one down with Tovak once, partly thanks to his Cold Toughness card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
aurax wrote:
johncraven wrote:

In the coop scenario, Volkare's camp starts right next to the portal. It contains a dragon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Srinivasan
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar thing happened in my first Volkare coop. A High Dragon sat there and waited for Goldyx on a glade to draw up to Swiftness, Swiftness, Will Focus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pol Michiels
Belgium
Ottenburg
Vlaams brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Of all people who have nothing to say, those who say nothing are the wisest.
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
Draconum can appear in Ruins even in the base game. I managed to take one down with Tovak once, partly thanks to his Cold Toughness card.

Yup, that one card, right there, is why I love Tovak. Especially now that blocking just became a whole lot more useful in the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
Boscrossos wrote:
woodnoggin wrote:

Yup, that one card, right there, is why I love Tovak. Especially now that blocking just became a whole lot more useful in the expansion.
Cold Toughness has been nerfed a bit in the expansion since it ruled that Cold/Fire Attacks are no longer offensive abilities (hence, not giving +1 Block each to Tovak).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Thomas
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first coop Volkare scenario. Killed a swamp dragon on turn two.

Turn one was to move to the village on tile 3 with march (unpowered) and stamina (unpowered) and hire herbalists with promise (white mana die).

Turn two was to raid the village and then move next to the dragon and attack with swiftness (white mana die), concentration + swiftness (green mana token from herbalists) and battle versatility (unpowered).

Was quite lucky with the draw on turn two.

Turn one kill with no wounds is possible but only one mage knight can do it I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Membury wrote:

Turn one was to move to the village on tile 3 with march (unpowered) and stamina (unpowered) and hire herbalists with promise (white mana die).

Turn two was to raid the village and then move next to the dragon and attack with swiftness (white mana die), concentration + swiftness (green mana token from herbalists) and battle versatility (unpowered).

Turn one kill with no wounds is possible but only one mage knight can do it I think.
with "Great Start" it could be turn 1 with Goldyx or Ary;
basic move, basic move, green source + concentrate + swiftness, mana draw + white source + swiftness, battle versatility ; kill swamp or high dragon near Volkare's camp; For Goldyx use Will Focus in place of Battle Versatility and Concentrate. Both turn 1 kills would require Great Start to have enough cards and the perfect draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Thomas
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delewobmesid wrote:
Membury wrote:

with "Great Start" it could be turn 1 with Goldyx or Ary;
basic move, basic move, green source + concentrate + swiftness, mana draw + white source + swiftness, battle versatility ; kill swamp or high dragon near Volkare's camp; For Goldyx use Will Focus in place of Battle Versatility and Concentrate. Both turn 1 kills would require Great Start to have enough cards and the perfect draw.

Sadly you need move 5 because of the forest on the start tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to hear results from people not cheating by having the camp in play.

Anyone keep track in a Full Competition game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.