Subject: pit question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl DiRocco
United States
Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Played our first game last night. We have a question about the use of the pit. Is a player allowed to move through the pit as long there is an adjacent friendly piece?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
carldirocco wrote:
Is a player allowed to move through the pit as long there is an adjacent friendly piece?

Of course. An friendly piece adjacent to the pit explicitly protects an animal on a pit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ebent
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carldirocco wrote:
Played our first game last night. We have a question about the use of the pit. Is a player allowed to move through the pit as long there is an adjacent friendly piece?

Yes, to echo Russ.

My first time playing the game with my family. We had that same question. As the rules given in the game box were not entirely clear on that. At one point my father caught on to that it should allow you to move through a trap if you have at least one friendly piece adjacent to it. We searched online and confirmed it was true.

Did you enjoy your first game? What was your thoughts on the first go?

I enjoyed my first game. It was a breath of fresh air in a world full of stale abstracts. As we played more games it became our #1 favorite.

I do think that if Arimaa gets a second official production the rules need to be clarified, simplified, refined and clearer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl DiRocco
United States
Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thanks for clarifying, we enjoyed the game a lot and I'm sure we'll be playing again tonight. My thirteen year old son beat me in game one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.