Subject: [Deck] Anarch Ice Killer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
This is the deck I've built over the past few days of playing Netrunner, let me know what you think. I've only tried it once, and it worked very well, would've won but poor decision making on my last turn and forgetting to use Noise's ability and Cyberfeeder properly cost me the win. I like how it plays though!

I found I was low on money through a lot of the game, so I've included Easy Mark and swapped Armitage for Magnum Opus!

Identity:
Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core)

Total Cards: (45)
Event (16)
Deja Vu (Core #2) x2
Demolition Run (Core #3) x3
Stimhack (Core #4) x2
Sure Gamble (Core #50) x3
Easy Mark (Core #19) x3
Forged Activation Orders (Core #20) x3

Hardware (7)
Cyberfeeder (Core #5) x3
Grimoire (Core #6) x1
Dyson Mem Chip (Trace Amount #28) x3

Program (15)
Datasucker (Core #8) x2
Djinn (Core #9) x2
Medium (Core #10) x2
Parasite (Core #12) x3
Wyrm (Core #13) x2
Crypsis (Core #51) x2
Magnum Opus (Core #44) x2

Resource (7)
Liberated Account (Trace Amount #22) x3
Wyldside (Core #16) x2
Ice Carver (Core #15) x1
Aesop's Pawnshop (Core #47) x1

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 54
Criminal: 9
Shaper: 6

Edit: I only have one copy of the Core set and Trace Amount, I am going to treat myself to What Lies Ahead when my local shop get's it in stock!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conny Karlsson
Sweden
Skövde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see where you're going with it, it's just, the majority of the game you'll be without a single icebreaker, i'm really unsure how that works in the long run. You've only got 2 crypsis, which can be found with djinn of course, but that's still just 4/45 cards which do anything at all against ice. You have wyrm but i don't really count it since it's crazy expensive as a breaker.

But hey, if you feel it works, shoot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
The deck is quite heavily dependent on drawing Wyldside, Djinn or Crypsis early, but once one or all of those are out things even up a bit.

Without adding more icebreakers where do you think I could improve the deck? I like the idea of playing differently and with a lot of risk, this deck makes that very fun!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Poitier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Druni wrote:
I see where you're going with it, it's just, the majority of the game you'll be without a single icebreaker, i'm really unsure how that works in the long run. You've only got 2 crypsis, which can be found with djinn of course, but that's still just 4/45 cards which do anything at all against ice. You have wyrm but i don't really count it since it's crazy expensive as a breaker.

But hey, if you feel it works, shoot.

I've played against a similar deck, and it does work

Thing is that this type of deck doesn't go for breaking your ice the normal way. It goes for destroying the ice and rushing R&D for a Medium-fueled win, rather than running remotes. Parasite and Datasucker can combo really well to destroy ice protecting R&D, without needing a breaker to go through the ice the "normal" way.

But it's a rush deck. The second the corp can protect his servers well enough to slow your running, you're at a disadvantage. So this deck epitomizes the mantra "Run early, run often"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Fyffe
United States
Stafford
Texas
flag msg tools
I just started playing with a Whizzard deck that's running three Crypsis and three Djinn (as a way of assuring an early Crypsis) with no other breakers. In my opinion, you could ditch the two Wyrms and add a Crypsis and a Datasucker. I've only played three games with this approach so far, but I won two of them and scored six points during the other, so it's been pretty successful. Play it right and Crypsis is really the only breaker Anarch needs. Trying to use Wyrm to lower the strength of Ice is a little too expensive for me. Also, with three Liberated Accounts, three Sure Gambles and two Magnum Opuses, I'm not sure you'll need three Easy Marks. You could use that influence on something else (Rabbit Hole? Personal Touch? I use Personal Touch to boost my Crypsis).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Poitier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As for advice on the deck itself, I'd do the following:

-2 Wyrm
+1 Djinn
+1 Datasucker or Crypsis

Crypsis is enough as breaker (especially if you use Datasuckers to bring the ice to 0 so that you can break subs without too much cost, which I think is the reason you were running Wyrm as an all purpose breaker)
You want at least 1 Djinn out as soon as possible for the tutor effect
And removing Wyrm and adding more viruses means that you're maximizing Noise's ability and Djinn's tutor effect (as well as Grimoire's once you draw it)

I'm unsure about the Forged Activation Orders, but don't see where the influence could be spent instead, plus those cards fit in your theme of "Ice destruction", so I say try it out and if the deck feels weird or doesn't work well, see about replacing them.

Final note : Once you get a hold of What Lies Ahead, add some Imps to your rig for more destruction goodness, especially when running HQ or R&D without a demo-run or just for easy trashing of cards like SanSan, Pad Campaigns without using credits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Poitier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpireCrane wrote:
I use Personal Touch to boost my Crypsis).

Forgot that! Great use of influence, in decks that only use 1 breaker!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donnie Clark
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasyndrome wrote:
I've played against a similar deck, and it does work

Thing is that this type of deck doesn't go for breaking your ice the normal way. It goes for destroying the ice and rushing R&D for a Medium-fueled win, rather than running remotes. Parasite and Datasucker can combo really well to destroy ice protecting R&D, without needing a breaker to go through the ice the "normal" way.

But it's a rush deck. The second the corp can protect his servers well enough to slow your running, you're at a disadvantage. So this deck epitomizes the mantra "Run early, run often"

I have a Noise deck that runs Crypsis and viruses in a similar manner. The only icebreaker addition I have made beyond that is Ninja to have a slightly more economical option in handling Sentry ICE than can hurt an Anarch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasyndrome wrote:
As for advice on the deck itself, I'd do the following:

-2 Wyrm
+1 Djinn
+1 Datasucker or Crypsis

Crypsis is enough as breaker (especially if you use Datasuckers to bring the ice to 0 so that you can break subs without too much cost, which I think is the reason you were running Wyrm as an all purpose breaker)
You want at least 1 Djinn out as soon as possible for the tutor effect
And removing Wyrm and adding more viruses means that you're maximizing Noise's ability and Djinn's tutor effect (as well as Grimoire's once you draw it)

I'm unsure about the Forged Activation Orders, but don't see where the influence could be spent instead, plus those cards fit in your theme of "Ice destruction", so I say try it out and if the deck feels weird or doesn't work well, see about replacing them.

Final note : Once you get a hold of What Lies Ahead, add some Imps to your rig for more destruction goodness, especially when running HQ or R&D without a demo-run or just for easy trashing of cards like SanSan, Pad Campaigns without using credits.

FAO helps when you're sure the corp has laid out a big ICE like archer that will reck you should you run into it blind. Play the FAO first to have them rez it, then you get down your Parasites on it and run it later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
I didn't have time to change my deck before I gave it a try today against a very fast NBN deck, I know what I need to change my deck and where I need to play better myself.

-2 Wyldside
-1 Aesop's
-3 Easy Mark

+2 Infiltration
+2 Personal Touch
+1 Compromised Employee
+1 Crypsis

I only have one copy of the Core set so I can't include more Djinn or Grimoire; I am also missing WLA which means no Imp. Having those would mean no Infiltration and no Wyrm's.

I spent a bit too much time today focusing on destroying ice rather than winning the game, with the few changes I've made I should be able to run servers using Crypsis a lot easier(Personal Touch) and then use my Parasite to kill all the big ice the Corp plays!

How would Imp improve my deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefyk wrote:

How would Imp improve my deck?

Presumably the purpose of destroying the ice with Noise is so you can power up medium and run repeatedly on R&D with minimal protection.

#1 When you do access something in R&D that is untrashable, imp lets you trash it, so you can make another run on R&D and access new cards.

#2 It's an extra virus, so installing it trashes a card.

#3 It's a virus, so you can pull it with djinn - letting you execute #1 and 2 faster

#4 It's a virus, so you can pull it out and play it again with deja vu, letting you do #1 and #2 repeatedly.

You deck's theme is the destruction of ice. 3 imps let you kill 6 ice without needing to wait for parasite to do its work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Aech
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
chiefyk wrote:
I didn't have time to change my deck before I gave it a try today against a very fast NBN deck, I know what I need to change my deck and where I need to play better myself.

To be fair dude, with minimal changes and slightly better luck when running R&D you may have found those 4 extra agenda points you needed and taken the win today, not looking forward to playing against your Anarch again, could be over pretty fast!

This kinda deck is always gonna struggling finding consistency, but when it works, it works quick. Suppose your living up to the name of anarch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
Mr_Aech wrote:
chiefyk wrote:

To be fair dude, with minimal changes and slightly better luck when running R&D you may have found those 4 extra agenda points you needed and taken the win today, not looking forward to playing against your Anarch again, could be over pretty fast!

This kinda deck is always gonna struggling finding consistency, but when it works, it works quick. Suppose your living up to the name of anarch!

I can't believe I ran like 7 cards and didn't find an agenda! I need to stop wasting my demolition runs, and play them when they can do some real damage!!

When I have WLA and the fabled Imp I reckon this deck will be immense!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.