Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Paquin
Canada
Mont St-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if its been asked before but here goes. Turks have advanced at the beginning of a game and captured all of the south of neutral Persia along with Shuster. They are now retreating and the Russians have recaptured all the spaces between Hamadan and Teheran thus placing all of the other spaces south of that line OOS. There are two VP spaces in that zone that were under CP control: Isfahan and Shuster. Isfahan should logically go to the Russians but what about the Arabistan (BR zone) located Shuster, does it count as having been liberated by the Russians? Who gets control of it, the Russians or the British? I think that since the CP supply line to Shuster was cut by the Russians they should get it. But am I right? Thanks for your help guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Living Rules extract, para 14.3.2.2

"Neutral spaces are never
converted due to Attrition. Also mark VP spaces converted due to
Attrition as RU if they can trace to a Russian supply source and are
in Russia, Azerbaijan, Caucasia or Neutral Persia. Mark VP spaces
converted due to attrition in Anatolia, the Balkans, and Mesopotamia
as RU if they can trace back to a Russian supply source and
it is closer than the nearest other Allied supply source (including
Anatolian and Mesopotamian ports). All other spaces cannot be
converted to RU VP spaces during attrition."

So Shuster would not convert to RU during attrition. The only way to make it RU would be for the Russians to capture it with troops while it was CP controlled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Paquin
Canada
Mont St-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have played differently had I known about it before. But thanks for answering me anyway, guess I should have asked earlier, that's all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.