Mice and Mystics» Forums » Rules

Subject: Courtyard tile question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ichabod Crane
South Korea
flag msg tools
Hello,

From the rules I believe that to explore from or to the courtyard, one must flip the tile.
However the design of the the tile (a hole in the wall) and the fact that in the 2 first chapters there is no details given for the other side of that tile, I am wondering...

- Can one walk out of the Kitchen straight to the courtyard (chapter 1)?
- Can one walk straight from the courtyard to the dinning hall tunnels (chapter 2)?

Cheers,
Sleepow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the courtyard has any exit spaces besides the flip tile, so no, you cannot leave/enter but through the one way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
No and no.

The courtyard does not have a exit (in blue or orange) to line up with the other side.

The only way into or out of the courtyard is through the flip space to 2: Tunnel Entrance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryken C

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Chapter 1, you cannot go straight from the kitchen to the courtyard. The courtyard is face down in the setup, so you cannot flip it from the kitchen. Even if it were face up, there is no orange "entrance" on the courtyard tile, so still could not go from kitchen to courtyard.

Thematically, if you look on the "tunnel entrance" tile, you'll see that there are stairs that lead UP to the hole in the foundation. Also, most buildings have a bit of exposed foundation, so any hole at ground level would go to the basement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a tile side has no entry in the story book, simply draw an encounter card and compare the card to the page space your hourglass is on. Those are the minions you will face. Place them on the minion entry spaces on the tunnel entrance tile. If the encounter card calls for mousetraps, place any of those required. Your mice will all be on the flip space located at the stairs. You will reset the initiative track adding in the initiative cards for the new minions, shuffling them up with the mice, and dealing to the initiative track starting with the first slot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ichabod Crane
South Korea
flag msg tools
Thanks for the confirmation.
This is how i understand the rules and played the first chapter; but going into chapter 2 I was just questioning my understanding as it is the second time there is no detail about the flipped tile of the courtyard.

Sleepow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.