JR W
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have C#20 I wanted to play, Peasant revolt in Germany. The rules state that peasant revolts can't spread to a supply base, but can I place a revolt marker in a supply base by playing the card's event? Also I want to place it in the Swedish supply base in Stettin. Would this affect the ability of the protestant player to pay his Swedish armies (having to pay solely with French Foreign Aid)? Rules also say LOC cannot be traced into a peasant revolt marker, however the rules also say that the Swedish supply base can be in a neutral controlled city, and the errata clarifies that you should treat revolt markers as neutral cities for all game purposes. Can anyone help clarify?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that if it can't spread to a supply base, it cannot start there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt & Laurel
United Kingdom
Harrogate
flag msg tools
mb
Although section 9.44 states that Revolt can't spread to a Supply Base, there's nothing in the rules to say that you can't place a Peasant Revolt marker directly onto a Supply Base. Section 9.41 states that "When played as an Event, immediately place a Peasant Revolt marker in any City within the Area listed on the card, subject to the card’s restrictions. The City must not have an enemy army in it." There is nothing on C-20 that says that the Peasant Revolt marker can't be placed on a Supply Base.

Placing a Peasant Revolt marker on the Swedish supply base in Stettin would mean that Swedish units may only be paid by French Foreign Aid Points, and a LOC must be traceable to a Protestant-controlled French or Lorraine city. Remember though that the Protestant player "may move the [Supply] Base to any other Port City with a connecting arrow to Sweden by taking a Free Action; this is the only thing the Protestant player may do during that Activation. The Swedish Base may only be moved once per turn."

I would go with the rule stating that LOC cannot be traced into a space with a Peasant Revolt marker, even if the Revolt marker is in the Swedish Supply Base, which is in a neutral port city.

Regards,

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.