Subject: Board Games with campaign mode rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willie Lothberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if you can recommend any board games that you can play in campaign mode. I got a game group that get together and play once a week and we really enjoy games like Space Alert with expansion and Descent second edition that lets us continue with earned ranks on a new adventure every time we play. I looked around but I can't seem to find much of this thinking in a lot of board games. I don't have the space to have a game setup between game nights so Im looking for games that take max 4 hours to play with 5-6 players but that have a continuing campaign like the two I mentioned in the beginning. Sorry for my bad English, it is not my first language.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Risk Legacy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ Agro
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mice and Mystics

Saw that you're looking for 5-6 Mice and Mystics is 4... maybe there's a way to add a 5th or 6th player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Descent 2.0 has an expansion that seems to be very well liked: Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Lair of the Wyrm

I humbly suggest rating the games you've played so that folks can see your likes and dislikes. You'd be surprised how much help you get from the knowledgeable folks on this site when they have more info to go on!

Best of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wootai wrote:
Mice and Mystics

Saw that you're looking for 5-6 Mice and Mystics is 4... maybe there's a way to add a 5th or 6th player?

They are adding more mice but the current story line has missions that don't even use 4 mice so I don't see it being that good for a group of 5-6 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel

It's an old game that I doubt you would find too easily, but it's pretty much exactly what you're looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Howard
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlestations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willie Lothberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foxfan wrote:
Descent 2.0 has an expansion that seems to be very well liked: Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Lair of the Wyrm

I humbly suggest rating the games you've played so that folks can see your likes and dislikes. You'd be surprised how much help you get from the knowledgeable folks on this site when they have more info to go on!

Best of luck.

Thanks for the tip. I have now updated my owned games with ratings... ( ;
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood Bowl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deedob wrote:
Blood Bowl

Or for that matter a season of DreadBall: The Futuristic Sports Game with everyone fielding different teams might be a good thing to consider as a type of "campaign".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willie Lothberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlestations looks really cool. Anyone played it? Is it still in print? Is a 50/50 board game / role playing game or is it more role playing or more board game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.