Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's coincidence, but I tend to keep my eyes trained to Geekbay auctions; it sure seems like there are a lot of copies of Through the Ages and Sid Meier's Civilization for sale lately.

It probably is coincidence, but I found it amusing and thought I'd share the thought.

In any case, I bit the bullet and ordered Clash of Cultures! We'll see if I can ever get it to the table, but I remain hopeful! (That is to say, the lovely people I game with have extensive collections and longer games inherently take the place of several shorter ones... combined with the fact that I get to play games incredibly infrequently soblue)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you were only a bit closer I would say we'll meet halfway and play a game.

I've been reading the instructions and started teaching it to my wife and my daughter, hoping that I can get a full game of this in within the next couple weeks with a group of 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Creamer
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am included in the crowd that traded SM Civ at least. I had to due to limited space being in an apartment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Harding
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm halfway between CA and MO. You have a table to play on at my place. My son ownes Sid Myers and TTA and I have played them both quite a few times. I have played CoC about 12 times and can't get enough. It's a fun game. I will never buy the other two. You need to get it to the table as soon as possible. I took it to a local game night and played my first 4 player, hooked two others on it. Well worth it. Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daimyo A
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I realize this might sound strange but... why not try playing it solo?

I just ordered the game myself, and I have not played it but.. as soon as it arrived I am definently going to solo it.

Actually, I play all of my games solo- not because I have no one to play with, but because I like having complete control... the trick is using doublethink to get yourself to make decisions that you would ordinarily make in any given situation without "knowing" what the other player (yourself) knows.

It has worked for me. I even play stratego solo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I confess... I solo CoC a lot. Two civilizations, red against green, always, go figure.

Seriously, it works and I'm really having fun. So much that once a game is over I set up the next one. I'm back to it as soon as I'm done with this post! The thing is of course it's not like a real game and in the last turns all the cards can be a bit overwhelming. But this game has a genuine toy quality, and I'm not talking about the components: it's really fun and interesting to see how the civilizations emerge and develop, to try strategies, etc. And I can take my time, think about the possibilities without rushing.

So I bet you'll have fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ingram
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me among those that sold Sid Meier's Civilization this past week. Clash of Cultures scratches the same itch, but is more streamlined and will hit the table way more often at my house. With limited storage space I tend to keep only the most played or absolute favorite games of certain types/themes. For now Clash of Cultures is the winner in this category for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Creamer
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
youthguyingram wrote:
Count me among those that sold Sid Meier's Civilization this past week. Clash of Cultures scratches the same itch, but is more streamlined and will hit the table way more often at my house. With limited storage space I tend to keep only the most played or absolute favorite games of certain types/themes. For now Clash of Cultures is the winner in this category for us.

I could not agree more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it wasn't a coincidence
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.