Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben O'Steen
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently picked up a copy of the game and it did come with the animeeples (although all the other components were normal.) I assumed that it was standard with the new version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many European editions have animeeples instead of cubes for quite some time now. With this change, there will be less people willing to buy the Goodies expansion. IMO, animeeples were the main reason to get the Goodies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefhen
United States
Noblesville
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Svartisen wrote:
Many European editions have animeeples instead of cubes for quite some time now. There will be less people willing to buy the Goodies expansion now.

My copy is coming from Amazon tomorrow...Let's hope it has the new components. meeple
I think it is from Z-Man though, so I'm not sure what it will contain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fleece
United States
New Baltimore
MI
flag msg tools
Jesus Christ is Lord of my life.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a copy with the animeeples in it as well. However my fences were much thinner than the fences of previous editions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is there a way to tell if the box has the animeeples? I'm thinking of getting the game and my local store has a copy...but I'd like to get the animeeple edition...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Schell
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Svartisen wrote:
Many European editions have animeeples instead of cubes for quite some time now. With this change, there will be less people willing to buy the Goodies expansion. IMO, animeeples were the main reason to get the Goodies.

The goodies was a limited run iirc and if it has run its course what better way to sell the game then adding what i would assume is the most requested component/secondary market buy with the animeeples
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun S
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
res0nat0r wrote:
Svartisen wrote:
Many European editions have animeeples instead of cubes for quite some time now. There will be less people willing to buy the Goodies expansion now.

My copy is coming from Amazon tomorrow...Let's hope it has the new components. meeple

My copy from Z-Man had animeeples. Purchased at Christmas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefhen
United States
Noblesville
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moony29 wrote:
res0nat0r wrote:
Svartisen wrote:

Woohoo. I guess I will find out ater today...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mighty Rauros
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
res0nat0r wrote:
moony29 wrote:
res0nat0r wrote:
Svartisen wrote:

Woohoo. I guess I will find out ater today...

My Amazon copy had animeeples. And I adore them. For those looking at a store copy: It is very obvious at the top of the box that they are included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefhen
United States
Noblesville
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my copy, it does include the new animeeples. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
This is semi-great news. Now if they would only sell the ani/vegimeeples as a standalone item. I already own the game, so I don't want to buy a duplicate copy of the cards and boards. And I don't care about any of the extra decks or themed boards that come with the goodies expansion.
I already wanted the animeeples, but to be honest, I pillaged the Agricola box to use the pieces for some game prototypes, so if I could buy just the new animeeple tokens, it solves two problems at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
The picture quality is a little dubious. I think that first picture might be made in MSPaint.
That price seems a bit high. Mayday games used to sell one that was well recommended here that doesn't seem to be available right now. They have what appears to be the same set for half the price. But the bigger issue is that both have extra pieces, and neither has animeeples. I'd rather pay Z-man and get exactly what I need for Agricola.
In short, I want someone to cater to my exact needs at a reasonable price with immediate availability. Is that so much to ask?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I wanted to focus on a few games that would take at least a hundred plays before being played to death.

A hundred plays of Agricola constitutes, at best, being played to minor discomfort. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Jacobs
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the BGG website it shows 2 different versions for 2008(Z-man First Edition & Z-Man Special Edition). What are the differences between the two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Erwin
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered Agricola off Amazon. It arrived today. It's not the edition with animeeples. I wrote Amazon asking them to indicate which edition the game is, because it's unclear from the product listing. No changes were made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gildedrain wrote:
Just ordered Agricola off Amazon. It arrived today. It's not the edition with animeeples. I wrote Amazon asking them to indicate which edition the game is, because it's unclear from the product listing. No changes were made.

I'm sorry to hear. I also ordered from them and got the animeeples, which I feel adds to the theme ever so slightly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Sivilized wrote:
This is semi-great news. Now if they would only sell the ani/vegimeeples as a standalone item. I already own the game, so I don't want to buy a duplicate copy of the cards and boards. And I don't care about any of the extra decks or themed boards that come with the goodies expansion.
I already wanted the animeeples, but to be honest, I pillaged the Agricola box to use the pieces for some game prototypes, so if I could buy just the new animeeple tokens, it solves two problems at once.

You can order official ani-/vegi-/resource meeples and directly from Lookout. Total up what you're interested in, add in shipping from Germany, convert currency, and see if it's better to try to find a copy of the Goodies.
http://lookout-spiele.de/direct-orders/
http://lookout-spiele.de/Schaufenster/

It looks like for ~ $12.25 you could get just the animeeples, ~ $20.04 ani+vegi, ~ $22.63 ani+resource or vegi+resource, ~ $30.41 ani+vegi+resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
stlm wrote:
Sivilized wrote:

You can order official ani-/vegi-/resource meeples and directly from Lookout. Total up what you're interested in, add in shipping from Germany, convert currency, and see if it's better to try to find a copy of the Goodies.
http://lookout-spiele.de/direct-orders/
http://lookout-spiele.de/Schaufenster/

It looks like for ~ $12.25 you could get just the animeeples, ~ $20.04 ani+vegi, ~ $22.63 ani+resource or vegi+resource, ~ $30.41 ani+vegi+resource.

If you bought all three, would it still fall under the EUR 3.45 shipping rate (less than 500g), or would it be EUR 7.00 (500-1000g)? I wish they would have listed the approximate weight on the site!

I have gone through Lookout to get a copy of the CZ-deck and am waiting on the turquoise and yellow player pieces that I just recently ordered. I don't think they ever replied to my email/PayPal message for the CZ-deck, but in less than two weeks it was sitting in my mailbox. I considered getting the resources from them as well, but I think I'm just going to find a box of Goodies for around $40 and cannibalize it for the components I want, selling the rest on E-Bay. Who knows - with the rate some of the individual components go for on E-Bay, I might be able to cover the entire cost of the Goodies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mighty Rauros
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beaveman wrote:

I have gone through Lookout to get a copy of the CZ-deck and am waiting on the turquoise and yellow player pieces that I just recently ordered. I don't think they ever replied to my email/PayPal message for the CZ-deck, but in less than two weeks it was sitting in my mailbox. I considered getting the resources from them as well, but I think I'm just going to find a box of Goodies for around $40 and cannibalize it for the components I want, selling the rest on E-Bay. Who knows - with the rate some of the individual components go for on E-Bay, I might be able to cover the entire cost of the Goodies!

Yep, I wrote them after a bit about my CZ deck and they did reply immediately to that (and the deck actually showed up two days later).

If you do go the Goodies route, please PM me about some of the decks! I really do not want to go through the opposite hassle (buying Goodies for the decks and offloading the meeples).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Beaveman wrote:

If you bought all three, would it still fall under the EUR 3.45 shipping rate (less than 500g), or would it be EUR 7.00 (500-1000g)? I wish they would have listed the approximate weight on the site!

I did weigh the three bags together before posting the prices above, and although I can't remember the exact weight now it was somewhere between 200g-250g, maybe about 220g. Final weight would depend on what kind of packaging they put around them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Postage is normally €3.45.
We had some delays lately due to our dispatcher being out for a while, but things should be up to normal speed next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.