Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dork Designs
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my last game one of the hero's had two skill cards that both increased Range & Magic... Inner Fire (+2 range, +1 Damage) and Marksman (+3 Range)... So he will always shoot a distance of +5 and have a automatic damage of +1 when he attacks with a range weapon or magic weapon... and the only way he could actually miss is by rolling an "X" on one of the dice, or not meeting the distance required to hit a creature that is further than 5 spaces away??? Is this correct?? Or were we playing this wrong? He was slaughtering the bad guys....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Give that hero even the starting Immolation Rune, or the crossbow, and he's one deadly hero. I say spike trap and falling block him as much as you can. With a minimum effective range of at least 6, he'd be able to pick off critters 2 or even 3 turns (in the longer hallways) before they could get to him. You might want to consider a house rule that prevents just that combo from occuring, as other skill combos might not be as effective. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gee
Canada
flag msg tools
In my first game I encountered something similar. A magic character with Inner Fire (+2 rane, +1 damage) and Command (+1 range and +1 damage). He never missed becuase of range (but did roll 2 Xs on 2 attacks in a Battle action ), and is character just mauled through almost everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Humrich
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matchstickman wrote:
Your hero got lucky! Yes he can use both cards at the same time and only misses on an "X" (1 out of 6 attacks).

If this is too much for the Overlord to handle you could implement a house rule stating you can only use one skill per attack.

Hm, this can be easily avoided by the overlord by keeping his monsters out of sight. They just move in to attack and after that disappear around a corner. That should be the standard tactic anyway to prevent that the heroes battle each turn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.