Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » Rules

Subject: Order Tokens (Order side up or down?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Woody LaBar
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
As stated in the rules "a hero that readies may place one hero order token face up next to his hero on the board".  The hero tokens have two sides, one with the order and the other side is a picture of two crossed swords.  "Face up" to me means the order side up.  If this is the "face up" side, it seems to me that there is an advantage to the OL knowing what order I placed on the hero.  

Ex.  If my hero places an Aim Order (to possibly be used on his next turn ... that is allowed right?) or Rest Order, they are removed by any damage taken.  If the OL knows my order, I am assuming he would try to attack my hero so to eliminate the Aimed or the Rest Order.

If I am misunderstanding the orientation of the placed token and if the order is supposed to be placed order side down (so only I know the order) and only shown when I play the order, that would seem to make more sense.

Appreciate any feedback on my question...thanks.  

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Taatgen
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I think this is a great idea for a house rule! And it even makes playing the overlord a bit more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.