Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Smith
United States
Duncan
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading about this game for the past couple of days, I think that I probably going to buy it when the next expansion comes out.

After looking over all the pictures in the Image Files section, I started wondering exactly how much table space does one need to be able to comfortably play this? Having to set up boards for two or more ships, plus the space map, the status boards and the player record sheets, this looks like things might be a bit cramped on the old dining room table...

This doesn't even bring into consideration beverages, snacks, and the odd cat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Connolly
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It is true the game does need a full dinning table just to set everything up. I'll toss up a photo of a latter game setup when the ships become huge to demonstrate/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Space requirements was one of the things we agonized over in putting Battlestations into product format.

Bigger tiles look sexier but eat up more space (and more of the printed area in the box). My original layout specs called for half inch squares and fit more neatly on a kitchen table. When I blew up the modules to inch sized squares it looked really cool but you couldn't fit 2 dreadnoughts on my table. So I compromised at .7 inches to a square.

I've had more complaints that people want larger modules to accomodate larger figs (official Battlestations figs are 15mm) than complaints about the game not fitting on a table so I think I got the balance right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Duncan
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, well. I'll make it work on way or another...

I just put in my order today with my FLGS. Should have it by next weekend.

Now all I have to do is convince my board gaming group that it's not too much role-playing; and convince my role-playing group that it's not to much board gaming.

Either way, I plan to have a great time laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Sharp
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scootergsp wrote:
Now all I have to do is convince my board gaming group that it's not too much role-playing; and convince my role-playing group that it's not to much board gaming.

Well, you have found the best game ever to get those 2 groups together! I've had games with guys from both camps, and all of them had a blast; the wargamers acting like their characters, and the RPGers discussing strategy. Really, what a well done game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jef Addley
United Kingdom
Leatherhead
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
absolutely the best game to pull together the wargamer and RPG crowd.

I am now running a campaign with a mixed group..who each think they have fooled the others into playing their type of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.