Popular Tags: [View All]
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on a list of awards (well, 3 lists actually) as you can see here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/91647 & here: http://files.boardgamegeek.com/viewfile.php3?fileid=14624. Asked this question on the original thread, but no reply, so:

Can someone tell me if this is of some importance and if it has to be included: http://www.giocabolario.com/PremioGBL.htm

Looks like mostly videogames, but also TtR (2005), Domaine (2004), Clans (2003), Catch Mag (2002) and X-Bugs (2001). What kind of award is it?

Of course, if there is more information on Italian or other awards, please let me know, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Stangl
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As you figured out yourself, the awards are given games generally while there is a heavy tendency towards video games. Giocabolario is an Italian magazines for video, but also games in general and seems to organize gatherings. I can't say, however, if they're of any importance. Better wait for an Italian to comment.

Saluti

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I'm afraid there's no real "Game of the Year" award in Italy. We've our fair share of "awards" given by this or that source, but you've a rain of those in other countries as well. Someone will probably propose "Best of Show" from LuccaGames (a gaming fair) as Italian "most prestigious award", but I disagree (oh well... ).
The point is: what criteria are you looking for? do you want an award that is highly recognized by the masses? or one awarded by a public jury? or a spezialized jury? or...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I am looking for are awards that are 'important enough'. Right now I have 3 lists:

International Game Awards 1979-1999 (only 4, therefore a separate list)
International Game Awards 2000-2006 (10 countries + IGA)
Other Game Awards 1990-2006

In the thread I mentioned above there were questions about 'why not this or that award'. So I made a third list with 'Other' awards: Meeples Choice, Faidutti's Game of the Year, à la carte, Mensa,...

International Game Awards 2000-2006 are the Game-of-the-Year-for-this-or-that-Country. So I have the GotY France, GotY Japan, GotY Netherlands, etc. Italy doesn't have that (any more?), so I was wondering if the above-mentioned award has enough prestige / importance to be added to the Other Game Awards list. Is it well known? Does it have any credibility / authority or is it 'just some minor magazine award'?

Hope this makes it any clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
I wrote nanDECK and BGG1tool
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Lucca Comics and Games is the biggest italian game fair, and his award (named "Best of Show") *may* be an equivalent of the other awards (assigned by a jury); but in this country there isn't an award that is widely publicized.

By the way, in 2005 the winners are:

Best italian boardgame: Siena (What's your game?)
Best italian card game: Sì, oscuro signore (Counter-Defcon-Stratelibri)

Best translated boardgame: Heroscape (Hasbro)
Best translated card game: Anachronism (Nexus Editrice)

http://www.luccacomicsandgames.com/05/fiera/premiati_games.a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So where can I find the previous winners?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Quote:
Is it well known?

There isn't an award (nor even "Best of Show") that is "well known" in Italy.

Quote:

Not being able to locate a clear list shows how much "important" the award is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
I wrote nanDECK and BGG1tool
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:

There isn't an award (nor even "Best of Show") that is "well known" in Italy.

I agree. There isn't an award that is "well known" mostly because boardgaming isn't "well known" here. cry

BaSL wrote:

Here:
http://www.luccacomicsandgames.com/05/games/concorsi_tornei/...

These are the recent years' winners, Best Italian Game category:

2000 - Warangel (Angelo Porazzi Games)
2001 - Le saghe di Conquest (Scribabs)
2002 - Bang! (daVinci Editrice)
2003 - Sine Requie (Rose & Posion) - it's a RPG
2004 - La Guerra dell’Anello (Nexus)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.