Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Uherske
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Once again we had just enough time for one last quick 15 minute game, and once again we got out For Sale. We quickly explained the rules to Kelly and started in.

Funny, the first time I played this, I held back in the bidding and came away with a huge victory. This time I did EXACTLY the same thing, and it turned out completely differently.

Rick and Kelly restrained themselves much more than Ben and Rick had in the first game. So once again I finished the bidding round with almost all of my cash, but this time I also had lousy properties to go with it.

Ok, lesson learned: I need to do a better job of predicting how my opponents will react after I make a particular play. Simple evaluation doesn't cut it in this game. I got away with it the first time only because Rick hadn't caught on yet.

Rick was still the most aggressive in the early bidding, and spent down to $5K, while Kelly had $10 K left, and I had $15 left. I knew I had lousy properties, so my only hope was to get lucky in the blind auctions and to ride my cash advantage to victory.

Didn't happen; in fact I got as unlucky this time as I'd been lucky the previous game. Every time I guessed wrong.

We've played this game twice now, and I like the quick pace of it and the evaluative nature of it. I must say that I like the first stage much better than the second. The first stage is an interesting game theory problem. The second stage is really kind of a guessfest. That's really all you can do, is outguess your opponents. Not nearly as interesting to me as stage one.

Rick and Kelly kept sweeping up the big checks, so I knew I was toast. Rick came away with 79 in checks, Kelly in 72, and me only with 33, making the final scores:

Rick 84
Kelly 82
Chuck 48

Get 'em next time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.