Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barring objections from Eagle Games and Keith, I decided to create a basic scoreboard large enough to hold the trains for six players using a simple grid with visible scores/income marked in each box and alternate boxes are shaded to make it slightly easier to read.

It's spread out over 6 pages (2x3 sheets, Letter size, PDF format, and if approved, I hope it helps to address one of the small number of complaints about the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Blume
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Certainly no complaints from us. Thank you for taking the time to improve our game and help other people to enjoy it even more! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
6 pages? I don't have a table big enough to fit the board plus a 6-page layout plus the pieces and cards for 6 players. Have you thought about making a wall-mounted magnetic scoring track?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome, Keith.

The scoreboard is six pages because it was the ony way to get squares large enough to fit the trains (2"x2" squares). It's a PDF, so you can print them and paste them together onto a magnetic board if you wish. I'm just surprised nobody else thought to do something like this considering the complaints about the board not having space for the scoring markers. It's plain, but hopefully it'll be of real use to others.

Hope it gets posted soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klz_fc wrote:
I'm just surprised nobody else thought to do something like this considering the complaints about the board not having space for the scoring markers.

Your idea will be probably be a nice addition for people with ultrawide tables. For the rest of us I can recommend my own solution: 6 wooden cubes in the players colors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While someone in another thread said they swiped cubes from another game (Wallenstein I think), that's fine. Why should I have to do that?

The Train engines as markers does NOT cut it. We played at GenCon and at that time still had the small wood disks (also used to mark the links). The engines for link marking are fine but at the edge of the board, which in most cases is the edge of the table, it is way too easy to knock them about.angry Then there is the issue of having more than one engine at a given point on the VP track...angry angry

My irritation stems from my bumping/brushing the scoring engines 3 times in a game last evening. While it didn't change the overall outcome, no one was happy - I least of all as all I was trying to do was give some help to two newbies.

My suggestion: Eagle should provide, at a nominal cost (=cost of production), either cubes or disks in the 6 player colors. For the cost of the game I should not have to scrounge up other markers (let's see Risk - old copy with wood -oops, no purple or now playing Wallenstein - what do you mean Joe took my cubes home with him in his RRT box? etc.)

My strong preference would be a low profile - read less likely to be bumped object. Cubes would work nicely in this regard and several would fit on the scoring track section. Disks could stack - putting them at risk of getting over turned. Preference: (1) half height cubes (like goods cubes sawed in half), (2) cubes amd (3) disks. Or possibly (4)Tiny engines?devil ... (NO - 4 is NOT an option; do NOT even think about it)

Then, if one then wanted to work out a separate scoring/income track it would not have to be 6 pages in size.

Finally, I would suggest that each player keep track each round/turn what their progress is just in case. Sometimes one can reconstruct a postion, sometimes not.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LHIM wrote:
Or possibly (4)Tiny engines?devil ... (NO - 4 is NOT an option; do NOT even think about it)

Actually this isn't such a bad idea!
You have finally given me a use for those tiny miniatures Mayfair is selling for Empire Builder. They are useless for the game as the engines are too long for the space alotted to each dot, but they are very slim and would fit nicely on the RT track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a set of the Mayfair engines and while less apt to bounce around due to their being die cast, they are still too honking large.

I am working on a PA that has a VP/Income track PLUS an area to mark the exhausted cities (crossing sign would work well). Just waiting on my son, who has the game, to tell me how the income progresses.

BTW: Old Risk game wood pieces work if you take Pink for the Purple in RRT. Green may be a shade off but that is what I am plamming on using.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Forsythe
United States
Strafford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
How about a simple small sheet of paper with check boxes for each player, and then just use a pen to check it off. Just print the sheet out before each game. We kept score on paper like this, but then you had too look at the track to figure out the income. A small sheet that had the income listed would make it a bit easier. I was playing with my kids, and didn't trust them not to knock the scoring markers off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Rourke
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Having read this thread - and being rather bored this morning

I have produced a simple scoring chart which will fit on 2 sides of A4 (for the UK and others who use A4 paper)

This can be laminated and the trains will fit on (Just) or you could use a dry marker

At the moment I can't see how to upload it to the geek, If your interested e-mail me or someone please help

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same procedure as always:
search for the game, scroll down to the file section and click the link "Add File".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Felton-Jue
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried a couple of three scoring track cribbage boards? They would need to be labeled with the score and payouts, but I think they would be sufficient in the number of spots (aren't most games to 121?). Or I suppose you could take a 4 player board and drill additional holes for 6. http://cribbagesupply.comdr4trgrcr.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.