United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions.

1) How many miniatures come on one sprue and approximately how many Infantry and Cavalry?

2) Are the CotE Minis the same scale as Eagles CIV and AoM minis?

Thanks,

Scrib

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I must be bored.

1) For CoTE there are 20 infantry and 20 cavaly in each color. As for the sprew who knows, been long popped.

2).

These ar in comparison to the Age of Mythology Mini's, the purple is the CoTE mini's

And these are in comparison with Civ:

EDIT: I take that back. CoTE were not on sprews. They were popped and in bags for each color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Last year I bought a bunch of AoM and CIV minis by the sprue to convert the old game Ancients to minis game on oversized maps.

Then C&C Ancients became a possibilty. So I was wondering if CotE minis would be compatible. Since CotE minis are $10/sprue versus $3.00 I thought I'd aske ebfore I bought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus the Bull
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
How many miniatures come on one sprue

The CoE2 minis aren't on sprues. The come packaged already separated and sorted in sealed plastic bags. (unfortunately not the reuasble kind.)

I was repackaging these today in ziplocks and it seems to me that these are slightly larger than those provided with the Age of Mythology game.

Quote:
EDIT: I take that back. CoTE were not on sprews. They were popped and in bags for each color.
... I should have read farther down the post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus the Bull
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing Michael's pics of them side by side, the molds look very similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Blume
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1 set is done in the U.S. (AoM on sprues), the other in China (CotE). They may look similar because they are based on sketches by the same artist (Paul Niemeyer). There are 10 cavalry per color, not 20. That is a typo in the English version of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also hoping to use COTE minis for C&C Ancients. The infantry figures are well done but are very large. The cavalry are actually in a slightly different scale. They would work alongside AoM or SM's Civ figs.

Overall I'd suggest that you look at the "Plastic Soldier Review" site where they have very comprehensive lists of what's out there, by which producer, and what's coming. There are a lot of Roman and Carthaginian sets, and an increasing number of Macedonian, Persian, Greek and earlier sets in the pipeline, including Hittites, Mitanni, and numerous other early peoples.

Since the next C&C Ancients period will be Classical Greek, the PSR lists will help you plan. Also, the site features many photos of the sprues/figs so you can judge which will be most conducive to use on a board a la Battle Cry.

Another avenue, though generic, is surplus "Feudal" games. The figures have wonderful round bases and once you've clipped the peg off, they stand beautifully. They would work from about 500 to 1250 AD but you'll need more archers. One advantage of the Feudal figs is that they come in three shades of blue or brown so it's easy to designate light, medium, or heavy types simply by color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.