Popular Tags: [View All]
guest guest
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
the english rulebook is not very clear on this...i have 2 questions-

the ghost has a combat value of 0...

does this mean the ghost can not fight or be killed, or does it mean that the ghost just starts with a 0 value, plus the card value and fights normally?

for the pentacle room how exacly are the VP scored?...

is it that you must have 4 characters on it- 1 character on each square and then you can score 1 VP per turn - or is it 1 VP total?
or is that you only need 1 character anywhere on the pentacle (as long as no opposing characters are on the pentacle) and you score 1 VP per turn- or 1 VP total?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
Guest wrote:
... the ghost has a combat value of 0 ...

does this mean the ghost can not fight or be killed, or does it mean that the ghost just starts with a 0 value, plus the card value and fights normally?

I had to think about this too. Don't make any assumptions about the Ghost character. Just play by the rules as written. Therefore, the Ghost can fight and can be killed. In combat, the Ghost would fight with a value of 0 plus the value of the combat card played.

Quote:
... for the pentacle room how exacly are the VP scored?...

is it that you must have 4 characters on it- 1 character on each square and then you can score 1 VP per turn - or is it 1 VP total?
or is that you only need 1 character anywhere on the pentacle (as long as no opposing characters are on the pentacle) and you score 1 VP per turn- or 1 VP total?

The wording in the English rules is ambiguous, but judging by the example given, I thought only a single character (as long as no opposing characters are on the pentacle) is needed anywhere on the pentacle to score a SINGLE victory point.

Just my two cents . . .

-- Kimbo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guest guest
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
ok thanks alot.

so you think that victory point is scored per turn right? meaning say i have a character on a pentacle square with no other players sharing it for 2 turns, i would score 2 victory points- one on each turn. is that your understanding as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I'm thinking having a solitary character on the pentacle is worth a single victory point. NOT 1 VP per turn.

So as long as you have a solitary character on the pentacle, you have an additional victory point. I think any other interpretation makes the pentacle unbalanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Answers to those questions can be found in the FAQ list at www.dungeontwister.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct url is: http://www.dungeontwister.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Dungeon Twister web site:

Quote:
Question :
For the Pentacle room how exacly are the VP scored?...

Is it that you must have 4 characters on it- 1 character on each square and then you can score 1 VP per turn - or is it 1 VP total?

Réponse :
You must have AT LEAST one of your characters in the room in order to score 1 VP as long as there are only characters of your own color in the room.
You only need 1 character to score.
This is not cumulative each turn.
You loose the VP as soon as an enemy characters enter the room.

Quote:
Question :
The ghost has a combat value of 0...

Does this mean the ghost can not fight or be killed, or does it mean that the ghost just starts with a 0 value, plus the card value and fights normally?

Réponse :
The Ghost can fight and be killer.
He uses only the value on the card for his combat value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Guest wrote:
the english rulebook is not very clear on this...i have 2 questions-

the ghost has a combat value of 0...

The ghost fights with a value of 0 + Card.

Quote:
for the pentacle room how exacly are the VP scored?...

Part of this is an error that I made while editing. I realized the error while reviewing a friend's English copy of the rulebook. The Pentacle room SHOULD read:
Quote:
Pentacle Room
The Pentacle Room is a goal. The Pentacle is made of 4 squares. A player earns 1 VP as long as he is the only one with at least one character (not wounded) standing on any of the 4 squares of the Pentacle. If characters from two or more different colors (wounded or alive) are standing on these pentacle squares, nobody gets the additional Victory Point. The 4 squares of the Pentacle are not considered regular floor squares.

Scoring the VP from the Pentacle Room is most important if/when the player who has that point has other 4 VP, or when determining margin of victory when one player wins.

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Obermüller
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
The official faq say:
"You loose the VP as soon as an enemy characters enter the room."

The rules say:
"If characters from two or more different colors (wounded or alive) are standing on these pentacle squares, nobody gets the additional Victory Point"

so what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad, I was not clear enough in my reply in the FAQ. I rephrased it.

Basically, you must stand on one of the 4 squares of the Pentacle to score the VP. And you loose this VP as soon as an enemy character is stepping on the Pentacle.

Stephan @ ASMODEE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.