Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for the Name of an "i spy" type game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Marcus
msg tools
About 4 years ago I lent a "friend" a game I had bought in an outlet store. Needless to say that "friend" has disappeared with my game. I teach special ed and would like to use the game in my class but can't even remember the name of the game.

The game came boxed with a set of approx. 8 X 10 inch photos, a plastic stand and a pad of sheets that had the letters of the alphabet with lines to write a word on after each letter. The photos were various scenes and rooms (kitchen, library, living room, etc.) The idea of the game was to look at the picture and write the name of items in the photo that started with each letter. After a minute or so, the players would compare sheets and unique entries would gain points. Items could be called a variety of things so as to attempt to have a different entry than your opponent (ie, a female could be a lady, woman, girl, mother, etc.).

If someone could help me identify the game maybe I could locate a copy of the game. Thanks for your interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
The key to the treasure is the treasure.
Just realized that -- I have it on the tip of my tongue as well. I remember seeing the game on a geeklist a few weeks ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
The key to the treasure is the treasure.
I remember -- it's called Scrutineyes. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Easton
United States
Casey
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my guess is actually that the game is Picture Picture.

Good game.
I own it and its nice to play occasionally so that we haven't memorized the pictures.

I would like to get Scrutineyes as well, and Kaleidos also fits this category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Marcus
msg tools
Thanks. These are the first clues I have and I will work on both suggestions! Happy New Year to all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.