Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Really tempted to buy this game. Read Shannon Appelcline's review where he wrote"

"The red (temple) civilization tiles seem unbalanced with regard to the rest of the tiles because they serve multiple purposes"

Wondering if anyone would like to comment about this and if it effects
the game adversely in your opinion?

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Red tiles are used for internal conflicts, so you need more of them. I wouldn't call it unbalanced, except in the strictly mathematical sense of "all the red tiles put together would weigh more than all the blue tiles".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I also am not bothered by this. In fact, it sort of makes no sense to me. Calling the red tiles' higher importance "unbalancing" is like calling the Wheat "unbalancing" in Settlers of Catan because it is needed in so many purchases. I mean, sure you want to get plenty of temples, and you'll need to use them pretty often...but so? Why is that a problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It isn't unbalanced because every player has access to the same red tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I wouldn't say so. Being concerned about this definitely isn't a reason to pass up on one of the best games ever.

As has been said, everyone has access to the same tile mix, but additionally it might be worth mentioning that there is a higher number of red tiles anyway (almost twice as many as any other colour).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.