Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Søren Pedersen
Denmark
Viby J
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hey

After a couple of replays and tweaking the 2 heroes with boggs the rat, the game seems to be flowing.

But I just had a question, whether you guys have seen the same picture. In our games the wizards had had a tendency to own the game compared with melee and archery. Which has lead to the players hoping for a wizard type character.

Have you guys experienced the same, and/or what would you choose if you had the choice of hero (not precise hero, but melee or archer og wizard....or maybe the balanced heroes?)

regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My table insists on a choice of three characters. And then a discard and redraw for one card from their skill set. So parties at my table typically have either a powerful wizard or a powerful fighter in the party. They prefer fighters over mages, though they will take a mix of both versus two of either (to thwart the Giant's Reach/Sweep combo). Archers can be cool, but are not favored. "Jedi Jaes," "Trenlo the Strongest," and "Darth Valindor" are favored charcters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Clarke
United Kingdom
St Albans
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone else thought it odd that there are three "dedicated" magic characters, two "dedicated" melee characters, but only Silhouette with three ranged skills, three ranged trait?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Essick
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
While magic characters do seem to be overpowered in the end, as an overlord player, I'd prefer at least two magic characters on the heros' team. The magic users are the prime targets for quickly eliminating a hero to get rid of conquest tokens, often falling to a single spawn card if played right. In addition, it's at the end of the game when they become super powerful, and it has also been my experience that if the overlord is going to win, it is within the first room or two, which is before the magic guys can power-up. I prefer two, because one can ofter be 'babied' and protected but two makes that near impossible even in a four player game. Also it means at least one isn't the guy that can wear armor and still use runes (forget his name).

Also, if the heros are going to reach the end of the dungeon, you have one last trick to try and beat them: Dark Charm. At this point, you hope they have a magic user with a blast rune equipped. After all, why choose a target to beat down with a melee attack when you can have one of their 'all-powerful' mages blast their entire group into oblivion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
There isn't a certain "class" that I prefer, just certain characters, Vyrah the Falconer, Varikas the Dead, and Runewitch Astarra are probably my three favorite characters (each from a different "class"). The last game I played, I just had a fighter and an archer, and I won.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.