United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
At Kaybee, for about $5, I picked this up for my son.

You get the tree - nifty, looks nothing like the movies, 4 flying cars that you hold by the molded exhaust, 4 each owls, books and suitcases. Those suitcases have darn tiny handles...

The tree moves about, you snatch stuff off.

The tree has extremely poseable branchs, and a ton of sticks and knobs to add on as hanging points or obstacles.

There's several rule variations included, like free for all, where you grab what you can, one where different items score different points, one where you have to complete sets... you get the idea.

The tree has a 'regular' mode and 'advanced' mode. The regular mode is for kids (OK, so is the advanced mode, but just deal with it). Regular mode has a steady rotation that is easily predictable. It still may take a few tries to grab your prize if the branches are fairly convoluted.

Now advanced mode is where the big boys play.

The tree starts, stops, stutters, reverses, and generally snatches stuff from your grasp just as you're about to snarf it. Man, it can be annoying. In fact, the motion is so erratic, it is not uncommon for a few pieces to be simply flung from the tree.

The game takes no strategy and is not great. It plays like a carnival game.

It is stupid, it is funny, it is frustrating. It is very fast and easily adapts to all sorts of house rules (my son likes to ADD pieces to the tree - just as challenging).

For $5-$10, if you have the right people (right people = under the age of ten or intoxicated or merely weird enough to emulate either of those) the game is a hoot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.