Subject: Wraiths and Quest Completion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Miller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Just two quick questions from a WoW newbie. =)

1) Wraiths: if fighting two or more groups of wraiths, do you get a curse per roll of 1 per wraith? For example, I'm fighting two wraiths, and I spot 2 1's on my rolls. I believe I should get 4 curses placed on my character (2 curses from each of both wraiths). Is this correct?

2) Quest completion: if one character of my faction defeats a blue/quest character in one region relating to a quest, and then another character defeats another character blue/quest creature in another region, but both characters still share experience?

I'm still in the middle of my first game, and I don't want to learn bad habits as I go along. This is a really fun game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blacksh33p wrote:
1) Wraiths: if fighting two or more groups of wraiths, do you get a curse per roll of 1 per wraith? For example, I'm fighting two wraiths, and I spot 2 1's on my rolls. I believe I should get 4 curses placed on my character (2 curses from each of both wraiths). Is this correct?

No. And, conversely, even if the wraith(s) are all dead, you still get a curse for each 1 you roll. (But this is rare, because you usually don't kill creatures until after rolls and rerolls.)

P.S. You shouldn't use the word "spot" here, as "spot" has a precise technical meaning in the game, and rolls of 1 against wraiths are not necessarily "spotted".

blacksh33p wrote:
2) Quest completion: if one character of my faction defeats a blue/quest character in one region relating to a quest, and then another character defeats another character blue/quest creature in another region, but both characters still share experience?

I think you're confused about something. Blue creatures don't have anything to do with quests (except that they are sometimes placed on the map when you draw quest cards). Any given quest only has quest creatures in one region, and they fight together, and every character who participates in the battle that finally defeats the last quest creature gets experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:

blacksh33p wrote:

I think you're confused about something. Blue creatures don't have anything to do with quests (except that they are sometimes placed on the map when you draw quest cards). Any given quest only has quest creatures in one region, and they fight together, and every character who participates in the battle that finally defeats the last quest creature gets experience.

To clarify this further, only the green and red creatures spawned by a Quest card represent the object of the quest. If it's blue you won't get any rewards for killing it unless certain event cards come into play.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Miller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification on the wraiths rules. I assume this applies to all other creatures as well... though it going make too much sense to me.

Algorithmically, you should get 1/per.. but I guess that does make the creatures a little hard to fight. =)

Further into the quest completion: So do you not have to kill blue creatures to complete a quest? Also, whoever is the final player to complete the quest (killing the final creature colo), that person gets all the XP, regardless of previous help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.