Subject: Our First Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Jarvis
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife bought me (us) TtRE for Christmas. We were finally able to sit down and give it a try on the 26th. I had already read through the rules prior to requesting it for Christmas, so we sat down and dove right into it.

It started off well, we both choose tickets that were on opposite sides of the map (I had the West and she the East). This was unknown to us of course, but ended up being very benificial. It kept the conflict down, which allowed us to concintrate on all other aspects of the game so we could get a good look at the strategies involved and understand what we need to keep better track of. We are excited to give it a try again and we both hope for a little more interaction; if we don't see it, we may try playing a 4 player variant where we both control 2 colors and the one with the highest scoring of our lower scoring colors will win.

I thought I had it in the bag, I had led on the the VP track most of the game and I had completed 3 more tickets than she had. But to my suprise she ahd fewer, but higher scoring tickets that would have given her the win, had she completed the last one. The end score was 144 - 132.

After the game we headed to bed, were I replayed the game over a few times before I could fall asleep. The next day she admited to me that she had a hard time falling asleep, because she couldn't stop thinking abou that "stupid" game. We've both been looking foward to our next bout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.