Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK, I think I'm right on this one but just want to make sure.

The Perfect Engineering card allows you to "lay up to 5 track segments in a single link." The rulebook states under the purple diamond on page 7 that; "This does not count as an action." I assume then that this could be used as an "additional action" during any of the three rounds. Which means in one round you could lay as many as 9 tiles if you could afford them. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Al Johnson wrote:
The Perfect Engineering card allows you to "lay up to 5 track segments in a single link." The rulebook states under the purple diamond on page 7 that; "This does not count as an action." I assume then that this could be used as an "additional action" during any of the three rounds. Which means in one round you could lay as many as 9 tiles if you could afford them. Is this correct?

No. It means that instead of building up to four tiles in one action, you can build up to five tiles in one action (once per card per turn, if you happen to have both PE cards).

Also, you still pay for every tile normally, including the fifth one. (An exception is when you play Government Land Grant, in which case you could combine the two cards and get up to five free tiles if they are all on open terrain; however, GLG only makes tiles on open terrain free, it doesn't raise the tile placement limits either)

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK, now I'm confused again. Again the rulebook on page 7 next to the purple diamond states; "This does not count as an action." Then why is it being counted as an action in the above reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Al Johnson wrote:
OK, now I'm confused again. Again the rulebook on page 7 next to the purple diamond states; "This does not count as an action." Then why is it being counted as an action in the above reply.

The purple diamond rule on page 7 say that the use of the card is not an action. Using the card "Perfect Enginering" will grant you the right to build up to 5 tracks in a single action, but it doesn't actually do it for you (and therefore it isn't an action). You still have to perform the "Build Track" action yourself - and when you do that the card will impose its benefit upon you if you invoke it.

To clarify it further: the "purple diamond" cards are in direct contrast to the "red X" cards. These cards must be used immediately and the text upon them are thus part of the action you did when you took the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Johnson
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK, I think I got it now. Thanks guy for the responses! BGG is GREAT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.