Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Gray
United States
Glenwood Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
So I got the Eastern Front Expansion pack and Desert/Winter board for Christmas, and we broke it out as soon as possible. The first scenario that I played with my dad was the Red Barricades Factory at Stalingrad. It turned out to be one of the most tense and entertaining scenarios I've played with my dad. I played as the Russians, and my dad was the Germans. As anyone who has tried that one before, the snipers were key. I managed to stifle his advances for quite a while (mostly with the snipers), but once he hit them with artillary he could move forward more easily. It was somewhat back and forth from there, both of us getting some lucky and unlucky dice rolls and cards. The 10-medal victory conditions made the game last a little longer than some, but it came very close at the end. If we had played to elimination, my dad would've probably won. I got the 10th medal first though, and won the scenario. We've played the other Russian scenarios in the booklet since then, and they've all been very good. I recommend that expansion set to anyone who likes the original game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the first east front scenario my buddy and I tried too. My Germans made good progress until the Reds called in a devastating air strike. The Russian defenses funnel the Germans, or force minefield exploration. I chose the funnel approach, and he caught me. Very enjoyable scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.