Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the rules just mean that you can place a piece in (a) the section where the last piece was played or (b) the next two free sections?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played that you could place your piece in the same space as the last piece placed or in the next space (which should by definition be empty!). Note that if placed in the space where the last piece was played, your piece has to be placed such that some part of your piece is further along the wheel than any part of the last piece played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
smithhemb wrote:
Do the rules just mean that you can place a piece in (a) the section where the last piece was played or (b) the next two free sections?

That's how we play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Since the rules say that you can place in the (a) last-played section, (b) next section after that, and (c) "next but one" section, I take it to mean the second section along after the last-played section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blackberry wrote:

(c) "next but one" section, I take it to mean the second section along after the last-played section.

I do recall it mentioning that but I also recall observing that that space two forward of where the last piece was placed is almost always unplayable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa D. Krilov
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
When *is* BGG Con 20XX registration, anyway?
badge
This space intentionally left blank. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's how we've played it:

As an example, take the starting configuration where the black cone is in the 6 o'clock position. We've played that a legal play is in 6 (the same section), 7 (the next section), or 8 (the "next but one" section).

Of course, a piece must be further along the wheel- you can't try to make the wheel roll backwards.

MDK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
rossum wrote:
Here's how we've played it:

As an example, take the starting configuration where the black cone is in the 6 o'clock position. We've played that a legal play is in 6 (the same section), 7 (the next section), or 8 (the "next but one" section).

Of course, a piece must be further along the wheel- you can't try to make the wheel roll backwards.

MDK

Yeah got it today and this was confusing. The option c seems like option b. Although the 'third one' seems almost unplayable. I guess at sometimes it may be. and if you are able to pull it off, it might make it move further and force the next person into trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
Guantanamo wrote:
Yeah got it today and this was confusing. The option c seems like option b. Although the 'third one' seems almost unplayable. I guess at sometimes it may be. and if you are able to pull it off, it might make it move further and force the next person into trouble.

Wow. I'm adding a comment nearly two years later:

Option (c) turns out to be possible (playing two spaces ahead of the current one), if you balance the next piece on the divider. If you can pull it off, it establishes a very precarious section for the next player, as there will usually be pieces ready to fall off from the "trailing" sections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.