GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,607 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Nuklear Winter '68» Forums » General

Subject: NW68 Background Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Peters
United States
Montrose
California
flag msg tools
I have a few questions about the background of the world in Neuklear Winter 68:

1. Have pyschic powers started to manifest after the war or have they been present ever since and their power level have been at low levels before the war? And are the worlds creating agencies to actively put them to work for their benefit?

2. What is the general state of the other counries of the world at the time of the events in the game?

3. What different technologies existed in the world including the ones mentioned in NW69: HoD?

4. Are there nations that support the Drittes Reich in 1968?

5. What NATO member countries are also involved in the conflict?

I am planning on creating a miniatures RPG-lite campaign using the storyline from the game and expanding on the background material. I would appreciate any input on my questionsthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petre Tutunea
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
I don't want spoil the whole surprise, all the details will be revealed in due time. I can tell you this though:

1. Some of the psychic powers have been there all along, some have developed during and after the war. You'll be able to actively use them through Heroes in 'Heart Of Darkness'.

2. One word: turmoil. Not because of the dire news but because the lack of news alltogether. In the people's eye, the Zone represents a stain on NATO's history, not only because of the shameful way it was created but the way the world chose to deal with it in the post-war era.

Some of the details are described in HoD's introductory Timeline chapter, for the rest you'll have to read between the lines in the mission narratives :)

4. Not really, no. And definitely not out in the open in any case. Germany, or the Zone as it came to be known as, was a closely guarded, walled off wasteland until the beginning of the new conflict. News from the inside were virtually non-existent before '68, and the situation didn't change much ever since.

5. For now, only the US and Russia are involved in what NATO thought to be a short termed pacification incursion inside the Zone. They were not expecting a full scale war. Things may change in the future though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Y
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I can't wait to see how it all unfolds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Perrella
United States
Anoka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
with a purposeful grimace
badge
and a terrible sound
mbmbmbmbmb
This storyline would make an AWESOME big budget film (or big budget tv series).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
big_ragu wrote:

I do need an epic sci-fi series to replace Battlestar Galactica...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
big_ragu wrote:

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.