Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Borba
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played the first scenario and was lucky to have the acrobat skill. Of course, being an ultimate strategist, I tried to implement two moves using the acrobat skill which was met with resistance. Please consider the actions I attempted below and respond with comments which are greatly appreciated!

Acrobat: allows movement through monsters, rubble, etc. as if the obstacles were not in the space.

Situation #1: A skeleton archer was standing two spaces away from me on the same square as a rune key. I simply used my acrobat skill to move 2 steps (to the space occupied by the archer and the key), took the key (free action), then continued on with the rest of my movement. Is this ok?

Situation #2: Two skeleton archers were blocking the door I wanted to get through. Again, I was just 2 spaces away. Using my acrobat skill, I attempted to move two spaces (adjacent to the target door and on a space occupied by the archer), open the door (2 additional move cost), then continue with the rest of my move. Is this ok?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthijs v S
Netherlands
Arnhem
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tough questions Miguel-

1- I'm not so sure about one, since picking up a key is an action, but the hero can move freely through the skeleton. I'd say no, but that's really a humble guess.

2- I'm 100% sure about this one. The hero cannot open the door, just like a hero cannot open a door when in the same space as another hero. The reasoning behind this is that it would create silly paradoxes if a naga is standing behind the door or if the overlord plays the Gas Trap card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
You did everything correctly.

Mike Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree good questions, and I really like your thinking. However I would interpret that the acrobat skill only allows one movement point to be used in the rubble/monster space. The Acrobat is moving through the space, not spending time in it. Just my 2 bits.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seyer
United States
Rochester
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question...

Can the overlord play traps on a player with the Acrobat skill?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
billy_baroo wrote:
Another question...

Can the overlord play traps on a player with the Acrobat skill?

Absolutely, so long as all other trap conditions are met. Think about it practically for a moment: Acrobats are extremely nimble, able to contort their body, walk tight ropes, do backflips, etc. But they still have to be able to see the area they're going in. Dropping a falling block, or opening a pit trap, is a surprise event. Acrobats might have slightly quicker reflexes, but they still are going to be surprised.

Both the pit trap and crushing block require an otherwise empty space, so you couldn't play them while the acrobat is moving through another hero or monster.

So long as the hero doesn't end his turn in an ocupied space, I don't see any reason why they can't perform actions in an occupied space. Think of a Jackie Chan movie, and all the things he can do in extremely tight spaces. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika R.
Finland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, Jackie Chan is a good example. Check these out :

Jackie Chan Wheels on Meals - Acrobatics
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3744778014166961779...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seyer
United States
Rochester
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response, kingbobb. We almost played it right then. The only thing we did wrong was to require the acrobat to use extra movement to get out of the pit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.