Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Date: December 30th, 2005

Game: Sticheln

Players: Ivan (my son), Larissa (my daughter) and Valdir (myself)

The second game I taught today to my teenage children was Sticheln, a small card game by Amigo that I bought as an end-of-year gift for myself. My rules are only in German, but there are lots of small images showing how the game flows and who wins each type of trump, so it's not difficult to grasp the game's idea.

As we were only three, I selected the 0 to 8 cards in five colours (purple is out), shuffled them and distributed fifteen to each player. When we chose our "misery" colours, Larissa and I went for red (1 for me, 4 for her) and Ivan chose the 0 blue.

There was some confusion about the rules, I had to show the images a few times until we were all clear on how to win each trump. Ivan started collecting a few cards in his misery colour, always a bad thing. Larissa, too, took most of the red cards, at the end of the game she had five or six of them.

In the end we were very close in number of cards taken in colours other than our misery colour, but I had only 1 minus point in red (my initial card), while Ivan had ten and Larissa, 22, as you can see in the final score below.

Final Score
Player: Other - Misery = Total
Valdir: 12 - 1 = 11
Ivan: 11 - 10 = 1
Larissa: 11 - 22 = -11

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.