Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrei Filip
Canada
New Westminster
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Hi

Here's what happened in our last game: one of the players was sitting in the opposite corner of the dungeon from the last quest she needed to win the game. So when it was her turn, she placed a Plane shifter card (I think, can't remember exactly the name), spent 2 peril points from me and moved the occupied card with HER piece all the way next to the room she needed, thus winning the game. I think this was an illegal move, since she played the card on me and spent my peril, she should have moved my character but I found no refference to support this theory. Maybe I'm just missing one paragraph of the rules, can you please tell me if that move is legal or not?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She was incorrect. The card Plane Shifted says you may move *target* occupied card to any other legal location. Target is the player who supplied the peril. In your case, the card moved would have to have been the one YOU occupied. Legal location is any where a map card can be legally placed. If another player occupied the same card as her then she would have been able to move her piece as well with the map card. But in either case, she definitely could not wind up with her token in a different room. She would have had to move to the needed room from where the shifted map card ended up.

Note that the shifted map card cannot cause a break in the dungeon. If by moving a map card, you would cause some cards to become isolated then you cannot move the map card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Yankowsky
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'm reviving a thread here, but I don't think this ruling is correct. I will refer you to the card "Dimensional Shift" in the revised, Atlas printing of the game:
Quote:
Relocate target unoccupied dungeon Map card to any legal location; you may also rotate it.
Whose peril would you spend to play this card? Since there is no hero on the space, you must be targeting the card and not the hero.

From the 2.3 rules:
Quote:
Peril cards that do not target a specific opponent’s hero may use anyone’s Peril except your own.
So it looks like you would use any one opponent's peril to play this card.

Compare this with "Plane Shifted":
Quote:
Relocate target occupied dungeon Map card to any legal location; you may also rotate it.

Since the wording is so similar on these cards, I assume that they would behave similarly - they target rooms, not heroes, and so you may use anybody's peril to play them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Lakeland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again, resurrecting a very old post... I came here today looking for this exact clarification and I agree completely with Dan above. Though it seems not quite appropriate, I think it's legit. Whether you move an opponent farther from where he/she needs to be or move the dungeonlord's token closer to where he/she needs to be, it's bad for the opponent. And that is what the intent of "peril" is... make bad things happen :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.