1) in the solo game:can only the left most non player faction play the event?
2) in either game: When sweeping or attacking can the government choose their opponents? Must it attack all opponents?
We played the mini scenario from C3i the other night - good to be able to finish a game in one sitting.
The 1st Eligible Faction plays the event only if leftmost. The second eligible faction plays the event if it can (not blocked by (player or Non player) 1st eligible Faction's choice). If there is a "2" on the event, second eligible plays Ops, not the event.
• 1st Eligible. 1st Eligible Non-player Factions whose symbol is leftmost on the Event’s card execute the Event (2.3), if not leftmost, then Operations.
• 2nd Eligible. 2nd Eligible Non-player Factions choose the Event when given an option, unless the Event’s card has a gray 2 symbol, in which case, Operations.
EDIT: didn't answer 2nd question
Assault Operations eliminate Insurgent forces. Select any spaces and pay 3 Resources per space selected.
PROCEDURE: In each selected space, remove 1 Active Guerrilla (1.4.3) for each Troops cube there. Once a targeted Faction has no Guerrillas in the space, remove its Bases instead.
• In a City or LoC, also remove 1 enemy piece for each Police cube there.
• In Mountain, instead remove only 1 piece for every 2 Troops (rounded down).
You can remove 1 enemy piece (Gs or Bases -- bases last) for each Cube, from any Faction(s) and in any order.
The executing Faction chooses the order of the spaces in which the Operation is resolved, the enemy Factions or pieces to be affected (targeted), and the friendly pieces to be placed or replaced. A single Operation may target one or more Factions and ignore others.
You may select one or more Factions, at the exclusion of all others.
Once an enemy Faction is targeted, removal of pieces to the ex-tent if the executing Faction’s ability is required.
EXAMPLE: A Government Assault (3.2.4) with 3 Troops in Forest must remove 3 Active pieces if there are at least that many among those Fac-tions targeted.
Once faction is chosen, do as much as possible.