Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I have understand all the rules of AZHANTI H. L. but I can't find in the manual the costs in order to go UP and DOWN ... for example the manual specifies the AP needed to call an elevator or to open an hatch or an iris valve but it doesn's specifies the cost to go up and down.
Please, can you give me the costs needed to reach another deck going UP and DOWN using:

STAIRS (LADDERS)
IRIS VALVE on floor or overhead
HATCH on floor or overhead
LIFT

If you can, please, for each one gives me both the UP and DOWN costs needed to move from a deck to another.

It will really help me!

Thanks!

Roberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Molesworth
Australia
Maryborough
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day Roberto,

The Rules Booklet says (on page 6): 'a character climbs (up or down) one meter per complete action phase spent climbing a ladder. The number of action phases required to climb one deck level depends on the separation between decks (see the Technical Manual).'

The Technical Manual says that each deck is 4.5 meters high, except for the Hanger Decks, which are each 18 meters high. So a character would need 4.5 Action Phases (equals 27 AP's) to climb up or down a normal deck's ladder, and 18 Action Phases (equals 108 AP's) to climb up or down a Hanger Deck ladder.

Page 7 of the Rules Manual shows how a character can jump down or swing down from one level to the next, in certain parts of the ship (ie the upper and lower Power Plant decks, or the Meson Gun tube).

Page 6 also shows how to activate lifts. It costs AP's to call the lift, and move into it, but once you are in, it doesn't cost you any AP's to go up or down; the Rules Booklet doesn't say how long it takes a lift to move from one level to another - you can decide for yourself whether it should take one Action Phase, or one Turn, or what. I rule that the lift moves one level per Action Phase. Note that the lift doors don't open or close until the start of the next Action Phase, so the bad guys have time to throw a grenade in after you!

Opening iris valves and hatches cost the same whether they are in the bulkhead or in the deck/overhead. Then you use the rules for climbing a ladder as normal (Rules Booklet page 6).

Hope this helps,

Charles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.