GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,547 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » General

Subject: Which expansion works best with Timber Peak?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leslie Wong
msg tools
So me and my friends have played the original LNOE game probably every couple of weeks for the past year since my friend bought it and we love the game. So now I want to purchase a copy of my own! I'm strongly leaning towards getting Timber Peak for my base game just so we don't double up on board games (unless you guys strongly recommend getting the original LNOE instead)

And I also want to add an expansion pack, which one should I get?
1. Growing Hunger
2. Survival of the Fittest
3. the original Last Night on Earth

I'm not worrying about the other mini expansions unless I find them on the cheap. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Spencer
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My bias would be just the way you listed it. Growing hunger gets you extra boards and characters, as well as some new scenarios and such. SoTF is the next on my list since it adds a bunch of new game mechanics. And since your friend has the original, you could easily just borrow the characters from time to time for variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My bias would be to go with the original first instead of Timber Peak.

Then do...

-Growing Hunger
-Survival of the Fittest and Hero Pack 1 and Grave Zombies (all at once)
-Timber Peak

Fill in with any web expansions, print-and-plays, or promo items you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leslie Wong
msg tools
so I should get the original LNOE rather than Timber Peak? I would have thought timber peak would be better as it adds experience and also fires to the equation.

I was thinking gettting Timber Peak and SOTF and then wait for Blood in the Forest expansion to come out and get that instead of Growing Hunger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
super_ace89 wrote:
so I should get the original LNOE rather than Timber Peak? I would have thought timber peak would be better as it adds experience and also fires to the equation.

I was thinking gettting Timber Peak and SOTF and then wait for Blood in the Forest expansion to come out and get that instead of Growing Hunger

Start with the original. Of course, this is usually my advice for every gaming situation, board, card, or video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Halas
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I think that Timber Peak is like playing Last Night on Earth 2.0. The experience and additional rules make the game much more enjoyable. The BEST experience, of course, is to include all available expansions for the maximum number of Heroes, scenarios, and rules. Personally, though, if you were thinking of starting with Timber Peak, this would be my suggestion:

1. Last Night on Earth - Base Game (if not just for the heroes)
2. Survival of the Fittest
3. Growing Hunger

Growing hunger is good, but even with the inclusion of boards and heroes, it can't hold a candle to the extra elements that you get from SoF. Ultimately, it's going to be up to you, and since your friend already has the base game, you could just skip straight to either SoF or Growing Hunger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.