Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
(The old)
As I looked at my game shelves near the end of 2004, I realized I had a HUGE backlog of unplayed games. Of course, I also have a long list of old favorites that don't hit the table as often as they should. Therefore, for 2005, I've decided to work through my collection by playing the games alphabetically.

Starting with 1/1/05, I tried to play games starting with the letter A, for a two week period. Of course, I play other games, but I make an effort to get the unplayed (and underplayed) "A" games to the table. Starting on 1/15/05, I moved on the the "B" games, and so on.

(The new)

And thus 2005 comes to a close. All in all, I'd say my little experiment was a success. 20+ games got played for the first time during their alphabetical weeks, including some that would not have gotten played otherwise, and some that have definitely worked their way into the regular rotation and my own personal "Top 10" list.

Next year? I think I heard someone mention going through the alphabet in reverse...

On to the games! As usual, first-time playings are marked with an *...

-----

Zendo - Played at the December Super Fantastic Gaming Hour event, hosted by Dwayne "okiedokie" Hendrickson. Other participants were my father-in-law, Ed "Edbryan" Bryan, and Micah "Pseudo Nymh" Collinsworth. This is a great little game, and we had a good time. This was Sid's first introduction to the game, so he didn't fare quite as well as the rest of us, but he had a good time anyway. I think the "No upright yellow pieces" rule was the big stumper of the day. A great multiplayer deduction game. 8 out of 10 on the BGG scale.

-----------------

Total results of "Gaming from A to Z" for 2005:

*Andromeda
*Alpha Blitz
Attika
*Age of Steam
Blokus
Basari
Battle Line
Bang! (w/ *Dodge City)
Bluff
*Colossal Arena
Carcassonne (+ River, Cathedrals, Traders, Builders, *King & Scout)
*Cave Troll
Coloretto
*Dune (only acquired game and read rules...real life prevented gaming)
Elfenland
Evo
El Grande
Exxtra
Expedition
Finstere Flure
*Four Dragons
Guillotine
Geschenkt
Go Away Monster
*Goldland
Heimlich & Co.
Hera & Zeus
*Im Reich des weißen Bären
*Im 7. Himmel
Java
*König der Maulwurfel
*Lowenherz
*Maharaja
Medici
*Nautilus
*Oriente (read rules, didn't play - not the right audience)
Puerto Rico
Pirate's Cove
Palermo
Power Grid
Pueblo
*Queen's Necklace
Rumis
Seafarers of Catan
Smarty Party
Snail's Pace Race
*Schachjagd
Samurai
*Ta Yu
Ubongo
Union Pacific
Upwords
*Vanished Planet
*The Very Clever Pipe Game
*Who's the Ass?
XXXenophile
*Ys
Zendo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, you played a Z at OkieDokie's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.