GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,702 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [Deck] Jinteki Run Control rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
Hello again! So following on from me asking for advice on my Anarch deck, I thought I had best see what ya'll think of my Corp!

I chose Jinteki as I like red things, scares the opponent... or maybe it's because they seem to play a bit differently to the other corps, especially with Replicating Perfection.

With this deck I've tried to do a few of things,
1. Include Ice that causes the runner to lose turns/pay if they want to run on my central servers - The Neutral Ice and Tollbooth's should be enough to protect my Central servers, whilst Data Raven + Faction Ice can protect my remotes
2. Lots of assets/traps! I want to always keep the runner guessing, but I can play a trap, and use it to put tags on, then use Trick of Light to move 2 or 4 tags to an actual agenda
3. Use only 2 point Agendas - I've noticed that in a lot of my previous games the runner would end up with either 4 or 5 Agenda points, leaving them with potentially just one more Agenda to find! By using 10x 2point Agendas the runner has to find 4 of them to win!

With that over and done with, onto my deck. It has been used quite extensively, and a lot of changes have been made to it over the last week or so. I've removed some Resources, removed lots of Ice... even some Operations! :O

Before anyone says anything, I can't decide if I would rather have Data Mine or EMP?

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (10)
Braintrust (What Lies Ahead) x1
Fetal AI (Trace Amount) x3
Nisei MK II (Core) x3
Private Security Force (Core) x3

Asset: (10)
Project Junebug (Core) x3
Snare! (Core) x3
Zaibatsu Loyalty (Core) x1
Melange Mining Corp (Core) x2
PAD Campaign (Core) x1

ICE: (19)
Wall of Thorns (Core) x3
Neural Katana (Core) x2
Data Mine (Core) x2
Rototurret (Core) x2
Tollbooth (Core) x3
Data Raven (Core) x2
Enigma (Core) x3
Wall of Static (Core) x1
Hunter (Core) x1

Operation: (9)
Hedge Fund (Core) x3
Beanstalk Royalties (Core) x2
Closed Accounts (Core) x1
Trick of Light (Trace Amount) x3

Upgrade: (1)
Akitaro Watanabe (Core) x1

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 2
Jinteki: 32
NBN: 11
The Weyland Consortium: 2

Edit: I called my Deck "Run Control" because I feel like I can decide how much it is going to cost the runner to try steal Agendas, especially when Nesei is scored!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go with 3x braintrust, you can fast advance those... not sure why you need 3x psf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is Precognition? One of the best cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Sawyer
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing. But, why not post deck list to cardgamedb.com . There's lots of more player focus on ANT strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Freeman
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey Chief,

I have toyed around with this deck archetype "Run Control" with mixed success. I think there is a lot of potential with Replicating Perfection, but I have yet to find the perfect combination and the playstyle that works well for the ID. I can't help but feel like there are a few cards to come that will make the ID more worthwhile.

You have a pretty good mix of ICE, lots of ways to dispense tags and Private Security Force/Closed Accounts to buy you some time. This is a good decision, and a combination I had not thought about for Jinteki. Tags can buy you some time as cautious players will oftentimes take a turn to remove them, but more reckless players may be a bigger challenge.

I would make the following changes, at your discretion:

-1 PSF for 1 Braintrust - Braintrust is the only 3 advance agenda in your deck AND if the runner doesn't bother running it, you can actually drop the cost of your wall of thorns and tollbooths, which really hurt to play outside of Akitaro.

-1 Pad Campaign, +1 Melange - If its the main way you like to make cash, go for three so you are guaranteed to get one. Also with your really expensive ice, this card is likely the only way you will get to res anything.

-2 Data Mine - IMHO this piece of ice needs either chum and/or Personal Evolution to be viable. As is, this card is somewhat unimpressive, although I suppose it does help you aim for a flat line. Still, it doesn't, actually help you with the theme.

-2 Roboturret? - For Jinteki I am not sure this card is quite as good for anything aside from early game shenanigans. Most runners will opt for a sentry breaker first and although some will not expect Roboturret in the deck, the card will become only a slight inconvenience to the runner. Throw in a corporate troubleshooter (or two) though, and you have the potential to really grind the runners game to a halt.

-1 Tollbooth\-1 Wall of Thorns - Great piece of ICE, but with three Wall of thorns you probably will often times be starved for credits.

+2-3 Snowflake - Cheap, reliable ice that will serve you well early game. It also can act like a mini-tollbooth by draining off a few credits from you and your opponent (although I would almost never suggest paying the 2 cost on the subroutine! The strength of this ice is the bluff and the cost).

+1 Neural Katana - This card needs the runner to answer in order for them to make the run. Play in front of a central, and suddenly your opponent has to begin drawing up to make that push through, costing clicks or credits.

+2 Ichi - This card in front of HQ or Central will ruin their day, so long as they have any programs. Add a corporate troubleshooter and suddenly you just made your opponent use an entire turn to keep their programs.

+2 Corporate Troubleshooter - If you sub this in you could keep roboturret, pump your ichi's and so long as you keep some cash on hand, force the runner to loose a turn. Of course, you will need something nasty in front of a central to make this viable.

+1 Scorched Earth - This one is a nasty chaser to a snare and gives you another win condition. Of course, the 4 influence is not cheap, and you will often times NEED the runner to think those tags will not have any real consequences, but it plays nicely with fetal ai and junebug.

+2-3 Shadow - Gives you a way of setting up trick of light, tag and makes money. Win, win, win.

+1 Akitaro - Another Akitaro will give you the ability to replace him when he is inevitably trashed and draw into him faster.

+2 Chum or Sensei - Both cards work well with this archetype, although arguably Chum is more attractive with ice like shadow, hunter and data raven. Sensei works really well on a tall server with three-four other pieces of ice. Until sunset comes out next month though, both of these cards will not be as prime of choices, but still food for thought.

Sorry for the wall of text. My changes are suggestions and you should try your hardest to keep the deck at 49 cards. Also do you only have one core set? It seems you may with some of your card choices.

Best of luck with the ID.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
johncraven wrote:
I would go with 3x braintrust, you can fast advance those... not sure why you need 3x psf

I don't have WLA yet, to make up for not having all the 2 pointers I've borrowed a single braintrust from a friend!

xpiredsodapop wrote:

I have yet to use it, I'm not sure I would be willing lose any cards to include it, unless it really is that good?

gxkitt wrote:
Thanks for sharing. But, why not post deck list to cardgamedb.com . There's lots of more player focus on ANT strategy.

That is a brilliant idea, I've only just started using CGD so I had no idea they had forums or anywhere to post Decks etc; I shall give it a look! Thanks

StarSix wrote:
Wall of text

Those are some absolutely brilliant suggestions! I shall have a look at trying to put as many of those in as I can, and then testing it out!!

I especially like the idea of Ichi and Troubleshooter

I do only have one Core Set, I should said that in my first post. I also only have TA, I'm buying WLA tomorrow!

Thanks for the very informative reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Data Mine is pretty useless in my opinion, except in the narrow combo with chum, in which case the chum becomes useless after... Unless you built it 3-high with something at the base... Too conditional, too much setup, I feel.

EMP *can* end in precision laser-powered flatlining, when the opportunity presents itself, I really like it, except it can't be expected to work - just like you can't predict the weather

I dunno about the 1 hunter... I know you're trying to tag but...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefyk wrote:

xpiredsodapop wrote:

I have yet to use it, I'm not sure I would be willing lose any cards to include it, unless it really is that good?

Some people swear by it, I find it meh unless you have specific needs. The proponents will say it protects R&D, fix money problems, and so forth. The problem is that people often measure its value under best case circumstances rather than explore all circumstances and fairly weigh all the times where it essentially cost you a card and click for no gain. It's not a BAD card and I use it in very specific decks, its just not one of the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
chiefyk wrote:

xpiredsodapop wrote:

Some people swear by it, I find it meh unless you have specific needs. The proponents will say it protects R&D, fix money problems, and so forth. The problem is that people often measure its value under best case circumstances rather than explore all circumstances and fairly weigh all the times where it essentially cost you a card and click for no gain. It's not a BAD card and I use it in very specific decks, its just not one of the best.

The only time there are tangible rewards are for Accelerated Beta Testing. Saying it protects R&D is saying you're psychic and knows when the runner is going to run. If you've arranged agendas/stuff you need to be lower down, when you get there and you're worried about a run you'll still have to draw them up.

Well, yeah. Situational, bluffy and double bluffy, but not "real".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StarSix wrote:
Hey Chief,
(...)
-2 Roboturret? - For Jinteki I am not sure this card is quite as (...)

Drink!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Precognition is a fantastic card. While it is very costly to splash into other Corporations, in my opinion, it should always be included in Jinteki. I run with three and I see no reason not to run with them in house.

Precognition has many uses, the few I can think from the top of my head:
-In one instance, after a mulligan I was very low on ice and wasn't able to Ice HQ, R&D in the same turn. I was however, able to Precog which allowed me to move a snare up, push some agendas down and get some ice moved up as well.

With an uniced R&D and knowing I just precog'ed, the runner left R&D alone for 5 turns because they were afraid of traps. I didn't Ice it until turn 6. Granted this will not always be the case but it can buy you time if needed.

It's just a good all around card.
-Move the ice up to the top.
-Position a Snare.
-Move agendas down to buy yourself time.
-Zero Cost
-Great in house card.

I just don't see a reason not to use it. Hope that helps a bit.

(p.s. I won that particular game. 8-2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Benzein
Sweden
Sollentuna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a similar decklist and find that you have no time to do things that are resource inefficient, and precognition is that. Jinteki is also very tight on space if you want to include traps.

On the same note Data Mine really needs to go, it has no place unless you want to go for flatline and costs you more than your opponent. The combo with Chum is kinda cute but maybe not worth the effort to set up.

As for the rest of the Ice, do you really feel the Data Raven/Hunter/Closed Accounts package is worth the space and influence?

For me the ice would be more like:
-2 Data Mine
-2 Data Raven
-1 Hunter
-1 Tollbooth
+1 Neural Catana
+2 Chum (Cheap ice in-faction, not that great on the central servers though since you usually wants something more annoying as outer ice there)
+2 Ichi (great card for your outer ice on central servers)
+2 Shadow/Ice Wall (you need more counter storage if you want to run full 3 Trick of Light)

I would also remove Closed Accounts and try to fit in a couple of economy cards since Jinteki is kinda credit starved.

As for Braintrust does anyone actually like that card? For me it feels like the easily worst 2/3 agenda out there and does nothing outside of being agenda points. Would much rather play full 3 PSF before I bring in any extra of those. PSF also have the benefit of being a way for you to bring pressure on the runner to remove tags without costing influence or cardspace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
Precognition is a fantastic card. While it is very costly to splash into other Corporations, in my opinion, it should always be included in Jinteki. I run with three and I see no reason not to run with them in house.

Precognition has many uses, the few I can think from the top of my head:
-In one instance, after a mulligan I was very low on ice and wasn't able to Ice HQ, R&D in the same turn. I was however, able to Precog which allowed me to move a snare up, push some agendas down and get some ice moved up as well.

With an uniced R&D and knowing I just precog'ed, the runner left R&D alone for 5 turns because they were afraid of traps. I didn't Ice it until turn 6. Granted this will not always be the case but it can buy you time if needed.

It's just a good all around card.
-Move the ice up to the top.
-Position a Snare.
-Move agendas down to buy yourself time.
-Zero Cost
-Great in house card.

I just don't see a reason not to use it. :) Hope that helps a bit.

(p.s. I won that particular game. 8-2)

This is a perfect example of arguing from a best case example. For every example like this I can bring up a case where I pick up the 5 cards and they are essentially in the order they need to be. What is needed to break a back and forth is an analysis of percentages of deck composition, particular values of cards being in certain positions and so forth.

Plus the runner not running R&D solely for the play of a precog is bad runner play and doesn't make precog a good card against good runners. You also have no idea if the runner would have attacked R&D had you not precoged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, just have a bit of input relating to a few items, from experience...

StarSix wrote:

-1 Tollbooth\-1 Wall of Thorns - Great piece of ICE, but with three Wall of thorns you probably will often times be starved for credits.

Though expensive, these are the ice that will make sure your mid game isn't full of really bad defense. I'd rather be credit starved, and do very little, take money from clicks, then to be forced to run junk like snowflake (elaboration later)

Quote:

+2-3 Snowflake - Cheap, reliable ice that will serve you well early game. It also can act like a mini-tollbooth by draining off a few credits from you and your opponent (although I would almost never suggest paying the 2 cost on the subroutine! The strength of this ice is the bluff and the cost).

This piece of ice hands control to the runner in a big, big way. Simply consider this: what if the runner runs it every turn, and pays nothing, ONLY? This essentially turns into runner clicking to make you lose money, if what's behind it is something you want to actually protect. In the long run it costs the corp WAY more than the 2 you save over a wall of static. Whenever I see the corp play this early I rejoice because I know I have a way of making him broke. And then if I ever want through i'll pay 1 or two once in a blue moon. Or better yet if corp is broke. I've run against it many times, with the corp dropping it first turn and giggling when they rez it, a few turns later they are always go broke and are forced to put something in front of it. Especially when I run criminal. I don't even need to use an account siphon... There's nothing left to siphon.

Quote:

+1 Scorched Earth - This one is a nasty chaser to a snare and gives you another win condition. Of course, the 4 influence is not cheap, and you will often times NEED the runner to think those tags will not have any real consequences, but it plays nicely with fetal ai and junebug.

Unless you're also running aggressive negotiations, I really believe that the single scorched in a jinteki is a huge waste of 4 influence for a strategy that not only is unreliable to set up, but just as unreliable to draw up after the difficult set up. I've run scorched jinteki so many times, a few times they end in hilarity and 2nd turn flatlines, but I see it as a joke and something no real runner need to worry about. As such, 4 influence can really be spent on better stuff.

Quote:

+2 Chum or Sensei - Both cards work well with this archetype, although arguably Chum is more attractive with ice like shadow, hunter and data raven. Sensei works really well on a tall server with three-four other pieces of ice. Until sunset comes out next month though, both of these cards will not be as prime of choices, but still food for thought.

Chum is the superstar saver of broken and femme fataled big ice. Early game they can stack with almost any other ice to end many runs, even if what's behind it is pretty crap. When in a pinch, stack 2 chums

Quote:

Sorry for the wall of text. My changes are suggestions and you should try your hardest to keep the deck at 49 cards. Also do you only have one core set? It seems you may with some of your card choices.

Best of luck with the ID.

49 Is so important, I've fluctuated between 53 to 49 with the jinteki deck, but at the end of the day it's the best way to make sure. You get to the key cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
szymkodf wrote:
chiefyk wrote:

3. Use only 2 point Agendas - I've noticed that in a lot of my previous games the runner would end up with either 4 or 5 Agenda points, leaving them with potentially just one more Agenda to find! By using 10x 2point Agendas the runner has to find 4 of them to win!

Unfortunately this handicaps the corp in the same way.

By sheer maths the corp should have access to more of corp's cards. By sheer maths the corp should have the 3 agendas before the runner does. By sheer maths including 3s is a good idea. But I've played infinite games where my single 3 pointer ends up in the runner's hand.

So I'm going to go for all 2s. At least by sheer force of maths, because I access more cards than the runner, I should see more of my own cards than the runner, meaning I should get the 4 before the runner gets their 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I run 7 2pt agendas and 2 3pt agendas out of a 49 card deck as Jinteki.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:

Either you're extremely lucky unlike me, or you haven't minded the runner eating your 3s all the time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Freeman
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tuism, your perspective on Snowflake is very different from mine, but also very refreshing. Personally I view snowflake as an early game piece of ice that is cheap and effective for buying you a turn or two. I would never advise using the ice alone and I would never suggest putting this ice out on a central server.

You do make a compelling argument against it, but in my meta I have luckily never come across a runner who is willing to throw away a click on a run. Every time the subroutine fires, my opponent and I stare at each other for a moment, we talk about "I know you would spend 0... but if you really wanted in you would spend 1..." ala the cup scene in Princess Bride.

Perhaps my meta is more casual, or perhaps I enjoy the mind game. In your example, it seems that by the third attempt the runner would just spend one and access if they really wanted what was behind it.

Also, my scorched earth suggest was really more of a means to provide an alternate win condition. Often times, if your deck does not have PSF or Closed Accounts (sometimes even with those!) your opponent will simply shrug at tags that you give them as Jinteki. A single scorched earth coupled with snare! and scorched earth can give you a means to end the game and if your opponent knows your deck, it also may buy you a few turns as the runner now must take the time to pop off tags or be very careful about how they run. I agree, it is not consistent, it is a suggestion to provide an alternate win condition, although you are right that most of the time four influence likely will be better used somewhere else.

Edit: The bit about scorched earth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

Either you're extremely lucky unlike me, or you haven't minded the runner eating your 3s all the time

I'm only running "2" 3 point agendas and "7" 2 point agendas. This actually works very well for me. Runner very rarely snags a 3 point agenda and if they grab two or three 2 point agendas I'm still not sweating it yet because they still need another card.

Been working very well for me so far and my current Jinteki deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Freeman
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For your 3 pointers is that Priority Req's or Executive Retreats? I don't know which I like better for this ID.

Priority Req's alleviate the pain of Wall of Thorns, Archers (although Archer is probably better used as a trap) and Tollbooths, while Priority Req lets you fish out a whole new hand and put snares and other goodies back into your deck.

Personally, I could see an argument for either one. Jinteki is typically poor and could use the cash, but the ability to stick traps back into your deck and then draw back out is rather appealing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
StarSix wrote:
For your 3 pointers is that Priority Req's or Executive Retreats? I don't know which I like better for this ID.

Priority Req's alleviate the pain of Wall of Thorns, Archers (although Archer is probably better used as a trap) and Tollbooths, while Priority Req lets you fish out a whole new hand and put snares and other goodies back into your deck.

Personally, I could see an argument for either one. Jinteki is typically poor and could use the cash, but the ability to stick traps back into your deck and then draw back out is rather appealing.

Are you replying to me? If so.. Priority Req's are my two 3 point agendas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Freeman
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes I was. Sorry I did not make that more explicit xpired.

Good call on the pri reqs. I am going to sub them into my Jinteki RP deck over executive retreat and see how things shake out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
Tuism wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

I'm only running "2" 3 point agendas and "7" 2 point agendas. This actually works very well for me. Runner very rarely snags a 3 point agenda and if they grab two or three 2 point agendas I'm still not sweating it yet because they still need another card.

Been working very well for me so far and my current Jinteki deck.

Man, I wish my track record of getting my single 3 pointer snagged haven't clouded my judgement, but it has Basically, 4 out of 4 games with it it got taken out of my R&D. And I definitely do defend R&D as much as I can.

So... In a deck filled with risks, let me take this one safety precaution

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.