Subject: Identify Puzzle Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J P
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Have been adding items to the "Collection" thing as I think of them. In the process I was reminded about a puzzle game I had as a kid that I have forgotten the name of. Figure I would describe it and see if it rings a bell for anyone.

It is probably not really a game. Other than perhaps trying to complete it as fast as possible. I guess you could call it a solitaire game.

I believe it was a Rubiks product though I could be mistaken. The completed puzzle picture was a pyramid composed of Rubik Cube squares (black background). All the pieces of the puzzle however where geometric shapes that were frog shaped.

It was a fun puzzle. Pretty hard at the time. Might even be hard now if I still owned a copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Triazzle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molnar
United States
Ridgewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that doesn't seem right, Paul. The pieces in Triazzle are triangular, not "frog-shaped".
I did have a puzzle (maybe still do) in which all the pieces were lizards.
Something like that? About 18"x18"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
molnar wrote:
that doesn't seem right, Paul. The pieces in Triazzle are triangular, not "frog-shaped".
I did have a puzzle (maybe still do) in which all the pieces were lizards.
Something like that? About 18"x18"?

That sounds like the right size and they could very well have been lizard shapes rather than frogs. It was a pretty abstract representation of an animal and I wasn't very old.

Had a look at Triazzle that isn't the one. Thanks though for the suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Once you suggested a lizard shape I searched on that and think I've found it (or at least the class). A Shmuzzle looks like the right type of puzzle (http://www.shmuzzles.com). It is very similar to the shape I remember (it had never occured to me before that it was anything other than a frog).

I don't remember them fitting together in that many combinations but I could be remembering wrong. As I was pretty young at the time so the memories are fuzzy at best. Or perhaps I had a cheap knock off

Regardless this is very close to what I was remembering. I must go check out the online version on their site now Once the Christmas mayhem has been sorted and paid for I may have to pick up a couple to try out. Thanks very much for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molnar
United States
Ridgewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes! What I had was definitely a Schmuzzle Puzzle. I don't think you had much choice as to *how* the pieces fit together, but since they were all identical in shape, if one didn't match up, you could always try another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.