GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,336 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Ora et Labora» Forums » Rules

Subject: question about forest/moor cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Ortega
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are there 37 forest/moor cards? At the beginning of the game you get 2 moor and 3 forest cards, and I thought this was all you'd have for the entire game.

But when looking at the image of page 1 of the detailed game rules, the landscape tile (district) placed below the farmyard shows 1 moor card and 2 forest cards, which is making me believe that every time you buy and place a district, it comes with extra forest cards. An I correct? If so, how many do I get?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SanktDavid
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. Every time you buy and place a new district card, you can choose either the side with 1 moor and 2 forest cards, or the other side with only 1 forest card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Goldberg
United States
Longmont
co
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, everytime you buy a new landscape you put the forest cards and moor cards in those spaces. The first time we played we didn't do that and was struggling on how to get wood.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombieconan wrote:
Yes, everytime you buy a new landscape you put the forest cards and moor cards in those spaces. The first time we played we didn't do that and was struggling on how to get wood.whistle

Ha, we did the same thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ONSLAUGHT77 wrote:
Why are there 37 forest/moor cards? At the beginning of the game you get 2 moor and 3 forest cards, and I thought this was all you'd have for the entire game.

But when looking at the image of page 1 of the detailed game rules, the landscape tile (district) placed below the farmyard shows 1 moor card and 2 forest cards, which is making me believe that every time you buy and place a district, it comes with extra forest cards. An I correct? If so, how many do I get?

Thank you.

Yes you get extra forest/ moor cards with new districts as appropriate.

You place cards where indicated by the little symbol in the top right corner of the card spaces - there's a sort of puddle shape for moors and a tree for forest. The different sides of the district give you different options.

Edit: Just checked the rules, and it mentions this on P5, at the bottom of the Districts section, of the Detailed Game Rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Ortega
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your quick responses. We were playing it wrongly, and were having a hard time getting energy.

You have been extremely helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Snakes et Lattes
Canada
flag msg tools
Proudly Alphabetical since 1989!
badge
The Wish Swing from Nuit Blanche 2007
mbmbmbmbmb
And I did the same thing in my first solo game of Ora, two days ago. I had no idea why there was no way to get enough wood to build some of the "D" buildings.

I love these old threads. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.