Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Lott
United States
Irondale
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had picked this one up in my local gaming store after playing a demo copy in the store. After getting it home one of the first things I noticed was how pretty the box was, with all of the dragons and such.
After setting up the game and going over the rules we quickly started to play a 2 player game. The game flows nice and fast but seems a bit dull with two. The end situation on both games we played was the same. We filled the board with tiles except for two spaces which could not be filled with any tile that would end the game. In short "whoever goes last wins". I am sure the game would be different with more players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mayer
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Played twice with 5 people. The person who went last in both games won. (And the person who went first got kicked out first). Might be only an abberation, but I don't know.

-Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Howe
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Played this game twice and I found it extremely difficult to do any serious long-range planning. Seemed chaotic to me, but perhaps that is inexperience speaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this half a dozen times with 2-5 players (we started 2 person, and people were slowly drawn into it after watching). The same guy won every game no matter whether he went first, last or somewhere in the middle. In the final game almost everyone else attempted to cut him off or ram him, but he still won.

Granted, he had played it a couple times before and the rest were new to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
The game takes, what? Ten minutes to play? Being concerned about turn-order effects or long-range planning is a bit beside the point IMO

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.