Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A return to the table for this classic. Alex and Craig haven't played as much as I and so left a few gaps for exploitation earlier on. I was able to hold on to an early blue-black monument at the junction for 6 turns, at which point the three kingdoms (leaders were mixed all over though) collided in the middle and the wars commenced. A few catastrophes, another monument, chaos abounded, monuments abandoned, leader placement and re-placement, control over colour sought.

When the smoke cleared (Alex taking the third last treasure), I'd taken the game with a surfeit of reds, 4 treasures and a few victorious wars. As Alex said 'I suspect that short term planning doesn't do you much good in this game'. Giving up a monument or tile placements to ensure you have control over a significant colour base is often good strategy.

The game featured the usual post-game comments ;-)
Craig: "I couldn't get green"
Alex: "I couldn't get red"
Pat: "I couldn't get black".

In fact I picked up 1 black in the game and scored 13 blacks through monuments and battles which is one of the reasons I love the game - there are always strategies to counter luck. I was lucky though to get an excessive amount of red though, at one point having 6 of 'em. Next game I'll definitely tally what I pick up.

Scores: Pat 12, Alex 7 and Craig 5

A rating of 10 after 24 playings. Love it. I think I now prefer it with 3 players (more control) than with the usual complement of 4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.