GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,804 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Attention fans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Attention fans - your votes are needed
Welp. We killed that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if the people that voted for netrunner are all new to the game? I for one would not want to see another netrunner review even though I love that game. I'd rather go for a preview of something interesting that I don't know yet. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lievendp wrote:
I'm wondering if the people that voted for netrunner are all new to the game? I for one would not want to see another netrunner review even though I love that game. I'd rather go for a preview of something interesting that I don't know yet. meeple

It's basically:

1) Fanboyism - people who love it want to see other people love it.
2) Could promote the game and get more players into the game.

Half of the votes aren't by people who want to see another review *for themselves*. Just as this poll wasn't posted so that we all go and watch another review
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
lievendp wrote:

It's basically:

Half of the votes aren't by people who want to see another review *for themselves*. Just as this poll wasn't posted so that we all go and watch another review

It has already been done. I can't imagine a video more thorough or watchable as this one:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/21630/android-netrunner/h...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron s
msg tools
fubar awol wrote:
Tuism wrote:
lievendp wrote:

It's basically:

It has already been done. I can't imagine a video more thorough or watchable as this one:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/21630/android-netrunner/h...

I'm confused at how "It has already been done" when what he said wasn't really talking about a single review.

I for one don't know who this guy is, probably won't watch it, but didn't care about any of the other games on that list. So I just clicked something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand, this post is just a run to hijack this guys datafort and use it to advance "our" own agenda which is getting as much people into netrunner as possible.

I understood that and everybody knows netrunner (and ffg and Richard Garfield for that matter) would greatly benefit from more players. laugh

but, on the flipside, this guy probably wants to review something for as big an audience as possible so fanboys who will not watch the review anyway are a waste of resources from his point of view I suppose.

"we don't lie, we use statistics"

cheers!

Tuism wrote:
lievendp wrote:

It's basically:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.