Popular Tags: [View All]
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i have a few questions, but i'll start with the one that is likely obvious...as i didnt see anyone else ask it...

How do the shield cards work?
i don't really understand the rules.

Let's say i play 4 fire, my opponent plays 7 fire. I really dont have anymore fire cards, i have fire shield of 0...i play it...

Now what happens?

Thanks for any help
-
j

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
A shield behind a value means you ignore the requirement of matching/exceeding your opponent's announced power. You announce your power as normal and that is the new mark that your opponent must meet on his turn.

In your example playing a shielded 0 and no other cards would lead you to announce a power of 0. It is then your opponent's turn and he must match/exceed 0 with his card play.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in this way are previous plays ignored? perhaps we played wrong entirely than.

So if my opponent played a character of 2 fire and a booster of 1 fire...announced 3 fire. i play a character of 3 fire.
On their turn, do they add up the totals already played ? Or do they now have to play at least 3 fire not counting the previous character or boost?

Thanks btw for answering my questions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Characters and Boosters are covered over when you play a new Character in the next round. Only Supports (in the basic game, without E&I expansions) remain active from round to round.

Example:

I play a Character with 2 Fire and a Booster with 1 Fire I announce a power of 3. My opponent plays a Character with 3 Fire and a Support with 2 Fire and announces 5 power.

On my turn I cover up any previously played Characters and Boosters, so I play a Character with 5 Fire to match him and announce 5 power. On his turn he covers up his Character, but his Support stays active, so he can play a Character with just 3 Fire and still match my announced power.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest working through the examples in the rulebook carefully, step by step, and ensuring you understand exactly why the powers declared are as they are in them. They cover most of the basic game features. If you get stuck I dare say someone might help if you explain exactly why you are stuck - although often having to explain provides its own answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.